ONE by AOL is the video advertising platform of choice for the world’s largest brands, agencies, publishers and ad networks. A unified, programmatic platform that provides buyers and sellers with automated tools to plan, buy and measure across linear TV and online video, ONE by AOL is transforming the way video advertising is bought and sold. ONE by AOL is part of the AOL Platforms group of companies.
We are in the midst of a tectonic shift in how people view Television content -- sight, sound, and motion delivered on small (and not-so-small) screens. Television remains an incredibly powerful medium; for advertisers, it has an unparalleled ability to reach enormous audiences with a full screen 30-second high definition narrative. TV advertisements have the power to make people laugh, to tell a story, and to help them remember a brand. TV is a demand generation engine.
With this power comes a great responsibility. TV advertising has to demonstrate its value at an increasingly accurate level; it has to enable capturing the massive demand it generates across channels; it has to be responsive; and it has to be data-driven. Programmatic TV brings the best of media industry and knowledge together with large-scale data to enable advertisers to use television as a precise marketing instrument.
The proliferation of ways to access TV content and the availability of detailed data, such as second-by-second set-top-box (STB) viewing behavior, combine to make this an exciting opportunity to revolutionize a $70 billion industry. And who is central to this oncoming revolution in television ad technology? ONE by AOL.
- The Sales Director, ONE by AOL: TV will meet or exceed revenue targets for both our linear TV DSP and Fios HH Addressable TV.
- Build and own relationships with big brand advertisers and advertising agencies.
- Aggressively prospect, qualify and close potential clients.
- Attend appropriate industry events defined by sales management
- Keep current with industry trends that are relevant to Programmatic TV & HH Addressable TV.
- Have a complete technical understanding of and ability to articulate and demonstrate our products and value proposition
- Maintain sales pipeline with weekly reports to sales management
- The Sales Director will evangelize the buy side linear TV programmatic ad platform marketplace to the agency community, driving agency adoption and education with the media buyers, generating volume transactions.
- History of strong, relationship-based strategic selling and rapport-building with client organizations. Ability to identify client needs and win internal support for them is a must.
- Able to effectively prospect, qualify, and solution sell to the right decision makers
- A senior level presence with the ability to inspire trust and represent Adap.tv with senior execs at top tier ad agencies, big brand direct advertiser’s is required - current network should be strong!
- Experience building and leading sales and/or business development teams a plus.
- Proven experience in a quota carrying sales role with a track record of exceeding goals
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision!
- Excellent communication, presentation skills, negotiation, and closing skills
- 5 -10 years of agency or brand sales experience in national TV and cross platform video ad sales.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to succinctly present our services via phone/web conference, trade shows, etc.
- BA/BS preferred
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Director, Millennial Outreach
Jessica works with millennials to learn what kind of media and news they’d like to see on The Huffington Post—and relays that information to the editorial staff.
Back to top