Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
The Research team at Verizon Digital Media Services is an interdisciplinary group of research scientists and engineers that work on the Edgecast Content Delivery Network (CDN) to make it the fastest, most reliable and secure content delivery platform in the world. The team works on Internet-scale technologies that influence how our services cache and deliver content, and shape and route traffic.
• Build systems and design experiments to measure the performance and reliability of the CDN.
• Collaborate with core engineering teams to build a holistic understanding of technical challenges and opportunities of running a 24x7 globally distributed CDN.
• Explore ideas and develop new algorithms and systems to make Edgecast the fastest, most reliable and secure content delivery platform in the world today and into the future.
• Represent VDMS in industry working groups and academic conferences.
• PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Statistics or related disciplines.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to distill complex and abstract concepts into simple constructs.
• Demonstrable success as an individual researcher and as a member of a research group. Capable of leading projects from inception to delivery.
• Deep understanding of theory and practice of at least one of the following domains: Networking (TCP/IP, HTTP/2, QUIC, DNS, BGP) or Systems (Linux Kernel, Caching Algorithms, File Systems).
• Hands-on programming in Python, Go, C, C++ in GNU/Linux.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Strategic Account Manager, Attribution Client Services At Convertro
As a Strategic Account Manager, Christina works with brands’ key stakeholders, business decision makers, and executives to drive adoption of Convertro’s multi-touch attribution technology.
Back to top