Product Technical Support Engineer
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to connect consumers and creators through open marketplaces. AOL uses data to disrupt content production, distribution and monetization. We connect publishers with advertisers across our global, programmatic platforms, tapping into Microsoft inventory and original content brands like TechCrunch, The Huffington Post and MAKERS which reach over 500 million monthly global consumers. Within our mobile advertising network alone, we have a reach of roughly 800 million users. A subsidiary of Verizon, AOL is shaping the digital future.
As a Product Technical Support Engineer, you will be joining our Tier 2 support team and acting primarily as the escalation point for our Tier 1 support team but also acting as a coach and mentor to junior members of the team. We are looking for someone with a product technical support background and hands-on experience using Web development & debugging tools. The position requires expert understanding of technical concepts and excellent problem solving and communication skills.
Candidates will respond directly to customers in a support capacity primarily through the ONE Video ticketing system and occasionally participating in troubleshooting phone calls with clients. As a Product Technical Support Engineer, you will focus on quick diagnosis and resolution of Tier 2 issues/questions, and prompt escalation to Engineering for bugs or outages, all within defined customer committed SLA’s. Our ideal candidate approaches new situations with curiosity and enthusiasm, has an innate passion for learning new things and solving problems, and is highly motivated to deliver exceptional service. Experience in digital advertising/marketing is a plus.
• Monitor and manage Tier 2 ticket queue
• Participate in customer or internal calls as needed to expedite resolution
• Maintain a high level of proficiency in ONE Video platform, including products, processes, and related technologies
• Lead complex investigations involving ad serving, optimization, forecasting, analytics, and front-end & back-end systems
• Interpret Product design documents and technical specifications
• Analyze server logs; including grepping, shell scripts and command-line log parsing tools
• • Develop custom implementations or solutions for various components of our platform
• Mastery of platform API's both for troubleshooting and implementation purposes
• Take action to prevent mistakes; do everything possible to meet goals and deadlines
• Maintain high productivity in stressful situations and demonstrate a sense of urgency about results
• Prioritize work in alignment with the needs of internal and external customers; adapt to shifting priorities
• Ability to adapt communication content and delivery to audience
• Demonstrate good judgment in routine, day-to-day decisions; know when to make a judgment call vs. escalate
• Able to make decisions on-the-fly, sometimes with little information or guidance
• Proactively inform team members about developments that may be relevant to the team
• Work effectively with others who have different perspectives, backgrounds, and/or styles
• Earn trust and credibility by executing against team goals, even when it means helping others with their work
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top