Product Commercialization Intern
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Verizon Digital Media Services is currently seeking an intern to join our Product Commercialization team. This is an academic internship role and successful candidates will be available to work 40 hours per week in our Playa Vista office. Candidates must be enrolled in a top tier graduate-level program.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Verizon Digital Media Services Product Commercialization group is accountable for providing services to the Product Management organization that facilitate the initial introduction of the product through its adoption or “Middle of Life” and eventual discontinuation or “End of Life”. These services fall into three key functions for the company: contract management services, operational support services, as well as front-office and back-office implementation services. The Commercialization Intern will be responsible to assist the Product Managers in the project management of commercializing new products. The intern will also be responsible for documenting processes and interviewing key cross-functional players to document a well-rounded view of the process. The position also may include consumer research or process improvement projects.
During the assignment, candidates will learn our business processes and will be given mentoring and instruction that will help them apply theory to real-life issues. Candidates will also be exposed to a variety of commercialization project-based assignments which will allow them to add value to the company. This internship will allow for global exposure and experience and will be a great opportunity to jump start a career.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Contribute to projects in areas such as growth feasibility, new technology commercialization, M&A business cases, competitor benchmarking, and other strategy projects
Support global industry analysis, including cost curve analysis, competitor analysis, supply-demand analysis, and long-term market outlooks
- Must be capable of managing multiple competing project priorities
- Must be able to communicate at multiple levels in the organization to obtain data and influence decision-making
- Must have the ability to draw conclusions and recommendations with incomplete data
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Analytical and detail oriented.
- Experience with digital video, streaming technologies and video market trends a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced agile environment.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university graduate-level program
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and to influence without authority
- Capability to both work independently and collaboratively with others
- Good planning, prioritizing, organization skills, and being able to manage competing deadlines
- Internship/work experience, preferably in a digital video, streaming technologies company
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with a passion for detailed analysis work and process flow
- Strong verbal, written, and illustrative communication skills to be able to convey analysis to senior leadership
- Ability to work independently and manage time within a fast paced environment requiring deliverables with short lead times
- A strong desire to work for a manufacturing company with an emphasis on operations
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Strategic Account Manager, Attribution Client Services At Convertro
As a Strategic Account Manager, Christina works with brands’ key stakeholders, business decision makers, and executives to drive adoption of Convertro’s multi-touch attribution technology.
Back to top