Principal Product Manager
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to simplify the internet for consumers and creators by unleashing the world's best builders of culture and code. As the 4th largest online property in the U.S., with approximately 200 million monthly consumers of its premium brands, AOL is at the center of disruption of how content is being produced, distributed, consumed and monetized by connecting publishers with advertisers on its global, programmatic content and advertising platforms. AOL's opportunity lies in shaping the future of the digitally connected world for decades to come.
At AOL Search, we are focused on building a next generation content and product discovery platform. We are transforming how people connect with information, products and one another by bringing together innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences.
We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic who is equally comfortable leading a team in a startup environment and contributing to a large-scale cross-domain strategic play. We need people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly passionate about building great products and consumer experiences with video and mobile at its core.
Do you strive to make things work better, faster and with greater impact? Are you excellent at communicating and grasping the big picture? Do you have a passion for creating great video and mobile products?
We are seeking an experienced leader for our Product Team. You will work closely with business and engineering teams on new and existing products and be responsible for your product throughout the execution cycle.
- Product Strategy to Roadmap Development
- Able to develop a POV on market trends and emerging opportunities
- Work with UX designers and engineers to continuously deliver new functionality, and perform due diligence and necessary analysis to vet new product/feature ideas
- Develop a product roadmap considering numerous inputs and considerations, and help teams prioritize and manage execution of roadmap
- Develop & analyze product KPIs, and oversee testing and optimization efforts
- Outline potential opportunities to improve revenues/costs
- Cross functional leader; able to communicate across all levels
- At least 3-5 years experience in product management, ideally in developing or managing video and/or mobile based consumer digital services / web-based products
- Bachelors degree (technical preferred and an MBA is a plus)
- Experience with video content, hosting, management (Live or UGC video experience a plus)
- Real world understanding of Agile and its applications, supporting tools, and processes; delivered as an Agile Product Owner (user stories, acceptance criteria, backlog mgmt)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with other functional teams to execute on new product features and requirements as the product roadmap evolves, and manage implementation and integration across entire product portfolio
- Highly organized, analytical, problem solving mindset, and intellectually curious, with proven experience managing complex projects to successful completion
- Strong mix of creativity, product instincts, technical acumen, with a good mind for monetization, and maniacal focus on user experience
- Ability and willingness to roll up the sleeves and get things done; motivated to learn and improve
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top