Platform Solutions Director
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to connect consumers and creators through open marketplaces. AOL uses data to disrupt content production, distribution and monetisation. We connect publishers with advertisers across our global, programmatic platforms, tapping into Microsoft inventory and original content brands like TechCrunch, The Huffington Post and MAKERS which reach over 500 million monthly global consumers. Within our mobile advertising network alone, we have a reach of roughly 800 million users. A subsidiary of Verizon, AOL is shaping the digital future.
As a leader in the Platform Solutions team for AOL Platforms, the Platform Director will lead technology activation and adoption holistically across the full suite of programmatic technology offered by AOL Platforms. In this role, the Platform Solutions Director will be responsible for gaining a deep understanding of the full AOL Platforms technology stack, a deep understanding of client – specifically, trading desk – accounts, and use that expertise to drive those accounts to more integrated, automated platform relationships with AOL. S/he will be responsible for 1) taking a holistic, strategic approach to leading AOL Platforms platform engagements, 2) leading data integration and data strategy discussions, 3) driving joint product roadmap discussions and accompanying workstreams for adoption, and 4) leading the cross-functional teams required to successfully drive platform activation and adoption at scale.
Platform Leadership: Take a holistic view of AOL Platforms capabilities, map those to client opportunities, and drive all facets of customer platform engagements for AOL Platforms; includes leading data integration and strategy discussions, joint product roadmap explorations, and driving platform activation and adoption across the full AOL Platforms technology stack
Business Growth: Increase the stickiness and revenue of existing relationships by upselling customers on deeper, more strategic engagements – via new technology features/capabilities, additional inventory/demand, RTB/programmatic buying/selling, connecting to private exchanges; drive contract renewal process
Trusted Expertise: Successfully navigate all levels of the customer organization in partnership with AOL sales leadership, from junior operations up through senior executives, establishing trusted relationships and serving as a subject matter expert on AOL Platforms technology
Flawless Execution: Ensure customer success as the clients adopt AOL Platforms technology for automated media activity across channels (video, linear, display, mobile, attribution, data management)
Goal Achievement: Forecast, manage, and achieve quarterly targets around spend through AOL Platforms systems, direct revenue, growth, and profitability per account
Customer Advocacy: Act as advocate for the customer internally, driving product requests and prioritization over the customer lifecycle across the AOL Platforms organization
- 8-10 years of experience in account management, business leadership, team management, and client leadership; proven success in managing a portfolio of business and driving revenue and results
- Deep understanding of advertising technology; experience driving activation and adoption across a full technology suite including video, display, mobile, linear TV, and multi-touch attribution channels
- Capable of leading strategic discussions with regard to data implementation/usage, product needs assessments, and technology requirements – can then translate those into workstreams/action plans
- Experience working successfully within and around large organizations, agency holding companies, trading desks, and media agencies
- Do business and manage client relationships with a sense of accountability and urgency
- Capable of operating at senior, strategic levels, but also willing to be “in the trenches” with the team to ensure executional excellence on behalf of assigned accounts
- Self-starter capable of reporting to someone remotely and flourishing in fast-paced environments
- Highly organized, voracious multi-tasker; work in a team-oriented, collaborative fashion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a relationship builder
- References that include former employers, former teammates, and former client
- BA/BS Degree
AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top