Performance Engineering Intern
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
The Performance Engineering team at Verizon Digital Media Services provides several key functions that constantly elevate the performance of the Content Delivery Network (CDN). Team members work very closely with network, system and development resources to solve performance related issues that could impact the internet’s top websites. The team is looking for undergraduate or graduate students who are seeking involvement in the design and implementation of full-stack tools which will aid the company in identifying and resolving complex performance issues. This is a paid internship that will last 3-6 months.
• Student currently enrolled in Bachelor’s or Master’s programs in CS, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related programs
• Familiarity with or desire to pick up associated frameworks and tools (AngularJS, NPM, Bower, Karma, Jasmine)
• Interest in or familiarity with Linux and various programming/scripting languages (Python, Go, Posix Shell)
• Highly motivated and self-driven to work with cutting-edge technologies
• Possess excellent communication skills - written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal
• Highly organized and able to multi-task in an extremely fast paced, energetic, entrepreneurial environment
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top