Path Forward Program: Solutions Technician
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Verizon Digital Media Services is a 16- week paid internship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Verizon Digital Media Services, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce. We bring together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Verizon Digital Media Services is looking for an individual that will assist in the effort of implementing VMDS’s data integration Framework.
Assist in the effort in providing for data needs of business users. This individual is responsible for moving and transforming and providing reports that are built from that data. This individual will be a “hands on” contributor, but must have strong professional skills and the ability to communicate well at all levels of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will be a “hands on” contributor in the effort of building out VMDS’ Data Integration implementation.
- Manual and automated creation of Reports.
- Responsible for the efficient, compliant, timely, secure acquisition and integration of enterprise data.
- Work with external vendors and internal business and technology staff to accurately gather and interpret requirements, specifications, and database models to determine appropriate data warehouse development solutions.
- Develop & document technical best practices for ETL-related activities including data movement, data aggregation, data quality, and data cleansing that support innovative and optimal data warehouse solutions.
- Assess and document the structure, quality, and compliance of source data and coordinate with business and technology staff to identify and resolve issues.
- Monitor and administer automated and manual data integration and ETL jobs to verify execution and measure performance; Build reports to audit, monitor & validate data warehouse jobs
- Maintaining documentation on architecture and design for database, Business Intelligence, Data Integration
- Supporting the implementation of Business Intelligence and Data Architect Plans
- Contribute to the maintenance, and management of conceptual and logical data models
- Provide general business intelligence consulting
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or Related field. Work experience with Databases in an enterprise business environment may be considered equivalent.
• Minimum 2 years of experience designing, developing, testing, and implementing data transformation solutions.
• Working with BI tools is a plus.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working with SQL.
• Knowledge of theoretical database design (Relational and Dimensional)
AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. AOL Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category. Please see the following notice regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity Rights.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Strategic Account Manager, Attribution Client Services At Convertro
As a Strategic Account Manager, Christina works with brands’ key stakeholders, business decision makers, and executives to drive adoption of Convertro’s multi-touch attribution technology.
Back to top