NOC Support Engineer
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
As a member of Verizon Digital Media's NOC team in Dulles, you are responsible for monitoring and supporting the critical infrastructure systems that help us run our Content Delivery Network (CDN) and Video Streaming platforms. This is an opportunity to work in a global network operations department, on a team that is heavily involved in every facet of our network operations. You’ll be the primary response and point of contact for all customers with the intent of resolving more than 85% of the issues that come your way. You'll partner closely with other teams to make our services more reliable and performant each day. This is the job for you if you love to investigate problems, solve technical issues, work on a team, and think first about the customer’s experience. Oh, and you don’t mind working with hardware, software network technologies, and some of the smartest people you will ever meet..
What you get to do every day:
- Monitor the world’s fastest, most reliable content delivery network, including thousands of servers, applications, network devices, peering and transit connections along with real-world customer traffic for some of the biggest sites on the internet, using a powerful suite of custom built monitoring tools and systems
- Work with the systems and network administration teams to resolve complex issues within specific service level agreements
- Perform basic systems troubleshooting and management, coordinating and escalating with appropriate teams when necessary
- Continue to learn and update internal knowledge base of new content and video delivery solutions
What you bring to the role:
- 2+ years professional experience working in a Network Operations Center
- Strong experience maintaining, managing and monitoring remote servers running Linux
- Knowledge of network troubleshooting, traceroutes, pings, Gomez and Keynote
- Experience monitoring an enterprise infrastructure via various tools and open proper tickets with the appropriate information for a quick resolution
- Ability to quickly and efficiently address customer needs by providing solutions to customer issues or escalating to another support group when necessary
- Working knowledge of streaming media (Flash and WMS) and TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS and internet protocols
- Strong customer service skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Possess the ability to translate a complex problem into a simpler language for the customer and vice versa
- Flexible to cover other shifts as needed in a 24/7/365 NOC environment
- Willing to work night (10pm-6am) and/or swing (2pm-10pm) shifts, including weekends
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top