NOC Support Engineer
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content – so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Verizon Digital Media Services Oath in Three Words: Personalized video experiences
- Monitor the world’s fastest, most reliable content delivery network, including thousands of servers, applications, network devices, peering and transit connections along with real-world customer traffic for some of the biggest sites on the internet, using a powerful suite of custom built monitoring tools and systems
- Work with the systems and network administration teams to resolve complex issues within specific service level agreements
- Perform basic systems troubleshooting and management, coordinating and escalating with appropriate teams when necessary
- Continue to learn and update internal knowledge base of new content and video delivery solutions
- Strong experience maintaining, managing and monitoring remote servers running Linux
- Experience monitoring an enterprise infrastructure via various tools and open proper tickets with the appropriate information for a quick resolution
- Ability to quickly and efficiently address customer needs by providing solutions to customer issues or escalating to another support group when necessary
- Possess the ability to translate a complex problem into a simpler language for the customer and vice versa
- Flexible to cover other shifts as needed in a 24/7/365 NOC environment
- Willing to work night (10pm-6am) and/or swing (2pm-10pm) shifts, including weekends
- 2+ years professional experience working in a Network Operations Center
- Knowledge of network troubleshooting, traceroutes, pings, Gomez and Keynote
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS and internet protocols
- Strong customer service skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Strategic Account Manager, Attribution Client Services At Convertro
As a Strategic Account Manager, Christina works with brands’ key stakeholders, business decision makers, and executives to drive adoption of Convertro’s multi-touch attribution technology.
Back to top