Network Operations/Engineering Intern
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Verizon Digital Media Services Network Operations is looking for an intern to join our rapidly growing team. We need someone with a desire to learn about life in the trenches of a Content Delivery Network/Service Provider environment. This person will be an integral part of the Network team and is expected to make significant contributions in addition to augmenting their education.
What will you do? A little bit of everything. We are growing our infrastructure very quickly and need assistance in administering and coordinating all of the projects, tasks, and information. If you are a quick study, have a basic understanding of networking, and pay close attention to detail, please read on.
- Asset Management
- Audit circuit and device data
- Correct and complete circuit and device data in ticketing and asset management systems
- Create physical and logical network diagrams
- Discover network devices and topologies
- Draw network diagrams using Visio or other graphical tools
- Audit existing drawing for accuracy and completeness
- Coordinate peering activities
- Audit internet exchanges for potential peers
- Solicit connections at peering exchanges
- Dispatch peer turn-up requests to NetOps engineers
- Audit, update, and correct peering databases
- Configure peers on core routers
- Assist with documentation standardization
- Analyze and develop documentation templates
- Recommend standards
- Employ documentation standards and convers existing documents to new stanadard
- Participate in Network Operations and Engineering projects
- Maintenance activities
- Design activities
- Upgrade and augmentation projects
Requirements and Qualifications
- Currently pursuing either an MS or BS in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, or a technical discipline
- Interest in pursuing a career in an internet-related industry
- Entry-level knowledge of networking technologies, concepts, and terminologies.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Director, Millennial Outreach
Jessica works with millennials to learn what kind of media and news they’d like to see on The Huffington Post—and relays that information to the editorial staff.
Back to top