Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
- Implement, configure and maintain all aspects of our network infrastructure
- Own the scoping, architecture and design of new network infrastructure
- Continually support our internal infrastructure, streaming services, corporate network and NOC
- Take ownership for resolving network-related issues
- Work closely with our NOC on monitoring all servers, applications, network devices and connections along with customer traffic, using specific custom built tools
- Serve as the Tier III response for all escalated network issues and customer complaints
- Help the systems and network administration teams resolve complex issues within specific service level agreement requirements
- Evaluate new hardware as needed and maintain existing inventory
- Travel to and from datacenter and other sites occasionally as needed
- Create and define network requirements for new products, including technical documentation for all relevant processes and technologies
- 4-year degree in a technical discipline preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure and prioritize projects and establish schedules for their timely completion
- Expert understanding of BGP, Ethernet switching, fiber optics, UNIX/LINUX, Cisco, Juniper, Brocade/Foundry, etc.
- Very strong knowledge of current networking systems including routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs, content-aware load-balancers and all IP-based protocols
- Strong UNIX skills
- Advanced knowledge of Layer 4-7 load balancer fundamentals and operation
- Familiarity with current two and three tier website architectures, including, load balancing and failover concepts for web servers, application servers, and database servers
- Proven experience in designing, documenting and writing deliverable plans for enterprise implementations
- Visio diagramming and network documentation knowledge required
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top