Market Research Internship (Post-grad Only)
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to connect consumers and creators through open marketplaces. AOL uses data to disrupt content production, distribution and monetization. We connect publishers with advertisers across our global, programmatic platforms, tapping into Microsoft inventory and original content brands like TechCrunch, The Huffington Post and MAKERS which reach over 500 million monthly global consumers. Within our mobile advertising network alone, we have a reach of roughly 800 million users. A subsidiary of Verizon, AOL is shaping the digital future.
Does consumer behavior intrigue you? Are you interested in market research, branding initiatives, marketing projects and representing the consumer voice? If you enjoy gathering, analyzing, and presenting data to drive sales and enhance a brand, then this handson internship in Consumer Research and Analytics was made just for you! During your time with AOL Analytics you’ll build a robust view of our market landscape and trends, provide thought leadership behind key branding decisions, and have the opportunity to work with a diverse team of talented gamechanging professionals!
About this role: Here's your chance to gain practical experience in designing, executing and analyzing market research for sales, product, and marketing. You'll be working on projects for leading brands such as Engadget, TechCrunch, StyleList and more. This internship will provide the opportunity to contribute to various aspects of the research process, from defining research objectives to observing fieldwork to presenting results to internal client teams. You'll get a ton of exposure to what it takes to succeed and prosper as a client-side research professional!
Some responsibilities include:
- Assist team with data analysis and reporting
- Assist with designing research studies, including quantitative and qualitative approaches
- Maintain and update brand research site and internal research hub
- Coordinate with external research vendors to manage all aspects of research projects including sample programming, testing, data processing, and invoicing
- Manage communication between brand research team, external vendors and internal clients
- Track and organize data and metrics for the brand research team
- Participate in team meetings
- Provide administrative support to the department and assist with special projects
Requirements for Success:
- Recent graduate
- Preferred Majors include: Social Science, Psychology, Market Research, Social Psychology, Market Research
- Strongly Preferred: Coursework in Market Research, Social Psychology, Statistics, Surveying, Audience Sampling, Focus Groups
- Demonstrated interest in media/technology/internet and previous internship experience within market research strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Required: Must be fluent in PowerPoint, Word, Excel (formulas, pivot tables)
- Experience with statistical software analysis (SAS, SPSS) preferred
- Experience utilizing both qualitative analysis (eg. content analysis) and quantitative analysis techniques (e.g. disruptive and inferential statistics) to explore, understand and test relationships between insights preferred
- Strong organizational skills, creative thinker, able to multitask and prioritize with minimal direction
- Ability to follow up with project partners to ensure accuracy and timely completion of deliverables
- Self starter with positive attitude
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Director, Millennial Outreach
Jessica works with millennials to learn what kind of media and news they’d like to see on The Huffington Post—and relays that information to the editorial staff.
Back to top