Managing Editor, Autoblog
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to connect consumers and creators through open marketplaces. AOL uses data to disrupt content production, distribution and monetisation. We connect publishers with advertisers across our global, programmatic platforms, tapping into Microsoft inventory and original content brands like TechCrunch, The Huffington Post and MAKERS which reach over 500 million monthly global consumers. Within our mobile advertising network alone, we have a reach of roughly 800 million users. A subsidiary of Verizon, AOL is shaping the digital future.
At Autoblog, we obsessively follow and analyze automotive trends, drive and review the latest cars, and highlight the newest car-related technology. We present that obsession in the form of written news, videos, immersive VR experiences, social media posts, high-quality photography, and new and used car shopping tools.
As Managing Editor, your work will reach a massive audience of car nuts, industry watchers, and those looking to make their next vehicle purchase. You will play a large part in Autoblog’s growth, and your work will reach a broad swath of readers, from core automotive enthusiasts to a wider general audience interested in cars. Duties include finding and relating important automotive news, overseeing staff and freelance writers, coming up with new and exciting ways to present written and video content, and building and editing stories in the CMS. The ability to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced news environment is required.
We’re a driven and passionate team and we’re looking for a motivated, creative individual that shares this passion to join Autoblog as Managing Editor.
- Are the person your friends ask for car advice
- Love thinking of ways to go beyond the news headline to find the deeper context, or untold exciting angle, of a story
- Evaluate the world through an objective lens, neither accepting convention nor defaulting to cynicism
- Know the difference between a CMS and a PDK, and how to work with each one
- Are passionate about sharing your work and are savvy about Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and emerging social platforms
- Aren’t afraid to get in front of the camera, or help the team behind it
- Believe that teamwork makes the dream work, even if it sounds cheesy
- Are a curious person who enjoys learning new things and is always excited to find new ways to improve their work and that of their teammates
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Engineering, or related field
- 4-6 years professional experience writing and editing (background in news and consumer review content highly preferred)
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to drive a car with a manual transmission
- Strong writing and editing skills plus familiarity with common style guides (AP, Chicago)
- Experience with social media platforms
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Director, Millennial Outreach
Jessica works with millennials to learn what kind of media and news they’d like to see on The Huffington Post—and relays that information to the editorial staff.
Back to top