Manager Systems Engineering
A little about Verizon Digital Media Services:
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content – so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Verizon Digital Media Services' oath in three words: Personalized Video Experiences
- Manage a team of Software Engineers
- Actively participate in evolving design and architecture of infrastructure automation, release tools, and processes
- Perform planning, configuration, deployment and maintenance work associated with the production environments, supporting 10,000+ Linux servers globally
- Help identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within Software Infrastructure team; recommend solutions and assist in overseeing implementation using established best practices
- Help evaluate new technologies and develop scalable infrastructure solutions
- Experience leading/mentoring small teams
- Experience developing and automating continuous integration/delivery pipelines
- Deep understanding of the Linux OS, internals, kernel & file systems tuning, protocols and services (PXE, DNS, HTTP, NFS, CIFS, FUSE) and troubleshooting utilities (strace, sar, vmstat, mpstat, tcpdump)
- Extensive experience in shell scripting/programming, systems automation tools (Salt, Puppet, Chef, FAI, Kickstart)
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Strategic Account Manager, Attribution Client Services At Convertro
As a Strategic Account Manager, Christina works with brands’ key stakeholders, business decision makers, and executives to drive adoption of Convertro’s multi-touch attribution technology.
Back to top