Manager, Solutions Engineering
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Verizon Digital Media Services is looking for an experienced Manager of Solutions Engineering. The Manager of Solutions Engineering is responsible for managing a team of technical solutions engineers. The candidate should be a self-starter with experience running an organization of at least six pre-sales engineers. The right person will also be adept at working with peers to define new processes and policies with outstanding leadership and mentoring abilities.
- Set priorities and policies for team
- Present to strategic customers
- Manage SE headcount and recruiting for the enterprise team
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to ensure the design of winning solutions that enable client’s business initiatives to be realized
- Manage a team that will be expected to present compelling solutions in competitive and complex sales cycles
- Proactively support relationships with customers and partners both directly and indirectly
- Actively participate in roadmap discussions with the Product Management Team
- Ensure that team participates in all appropriate product, sales and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary for them to be effective in their position
- BS / BA, desired but not required in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- Proven experience in a management role
- Strategic-level experience in marketing technology deployments
- Excellent understanding of channel and direct technical sales models
- Strong team-lead experience
- Excellent grasp of technology and industry trends
- Proven ability to exceed quota
- Knowledge in selling complex systems products
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top