MAKERS Editorial Fellowship (Post-Grad Only)
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to simplify the Internet for consumers and creators by unleashing the world's best builders of culture and code. As the 4th largest online property in the U.S., with more than 200 million monthly consumers of its premium brands, AOL is at the center of disruption of how content is being produced, distributed, consumed and monetized by connecting publishers with advertisers on its global, programmatic content and advertising platforms. AOL's opportunity lies in shaping the future of the digitally connected world for decades to come.
Are you obsessed with social media, engaging readers, and growing audiences and traffic? Do you have an outstanding eye for trending news stories and viral content? Do you have a passion for digital content from breaking news to premium video?
MAKERS, the largest and most dynamic collection of women’s stories ever assembled, is looking for editorial and social media fellows to join the fast-paced team to help grow traffic, engagement, and brand awareness.
You will work on a small and fast-paced team and have real responsibilities and an immediate impact from day one. You will be completely immersed in the world of social media and digital content, working to ensure all of our brands’ social media channels are pixel perfect to grow our audience, traffic, engagement, and brand awareness on a large scale.
- Writing headlines, packaging stories and video content
- Monitoring breaking news and identifying viral stories
- Pitching and producing shareable content for a social media audience
- Aiding in managing Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
- Recent graduates only
- Insatiable appetite for news and information
- Strong research and writing skills
- Enamored with the power and influence of social media
- Meticulous dedication to detail and the ability to multitask
- Creativity and confidence to share your unique perspective and ideas
- Ability to receive constructive criticism professionally, and quickly apply the feedback
- A self starter
- A demonstrated excitement about MAKERS’ editorial mission
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Director, Millennial Outreach
Jessica works with millennials to learn what kind of media and news they’d like to see on The Huffington Post—and relays that information to the editorial staff.
Back to top