Major Account Executive
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS) is looking for a self-motivated, top performing Major Account Executive to drive sales, drive revenue, and aggressively grow our business through the acquisition and cultivation of major accounts. The Major Account Executive role is our most lucrative sales position and offers autonomy, high visibility, and uncapped earning potential.
- Aggressively prospect, qualify and close potential clients generated through well established relationships with IT decision makers and the leveraging of existing Verizon and AOL relationships
- Keep current with industry trends that are relevant to targeted vertical markets
- Have a complete technical understanding of and ability to articulate and demonstrate our products and value proposition
- Maintain sales pipeline with weekly reports to sales management
- Provide high touch account management with current client base
- Determine potential up sell and other revenue opportunities within an account
- BA/BS preferred
- 10+ years of sales experience and successful tenure in a Major Accounts role
- Background in technology (infrastructure, web hosting, CDN) highly preferred
- Proven experience in a quota carrying sales role with a track record of exceeding goals
- Able to effectively prospect, qualify, and solution sell to the right decision makers
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to succinctly present our services via phone/web conference, trade shows, etc.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Director, Millennial Outreach
Jessica works with millennials to learn what kind of media and news they’d like to see on The Huffington Post—and relays that information to the editorial staff.
Back to top