Machine Learning Engineer
Gravity is a highly collaborative environment where our culture is to learn, teach and share. We maintain an energetic social atmosphere where lunch, punning and kitten wrangling list amongst the things we enjoy most, as well as hosting regular game nights and happy hour. Due to our location on Main St we also enjoy food trucks, beach volleyball and regular surf outings! We're a very tech savvy bunch. We particularly like to experiment with the latest and greatest tech and we're very proud of the approach we have to solving some of the big-data and scale challenges that we work with every day.
Gravity is looking for someone with a strong work ethic who thrives in a startup environment like ours. We particularly like self-starters who demonstrate product ownership and take on responsibility and accountability.
As part of a small but highly capable team you will be contributing to our Hadoop based recommendation systems in Scala (Java experience required) and will:
- Take ownership of data flows and maintain responsibility for your code throughout the software lifecycle
- Contribute to the evolution of our algorithm tuner, a machine learning pipeline
- Work in and contribute to a shared codebase
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Integrate with existing systems and tools
- Experience with machine learning models, specifically reinforcement learning and bayesian networks
- Experience with Spark
- Experience with Hbase
- Experience with various input/output file formats, i.e. Parquet
- Experience with multi-cluster environments
- A disciplined approach to testing, quality assurance, and operational concerns
- Experience with MapReduce, Impala, and/or Big Data infrastructures
- 5+ years of industry experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. AOL Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category. Please see the following notice regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity Rights.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Director, Millennial Outreach
Jessica works with millennials to learn what kind of media and news they’d like to see on The Huffington Post—and relays that information to the editorial staff.
Back to top