Live Events Jr Coordinator
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
The ideal candidate will have at least one year experience in live event media production operations. Operations includes supporting an event in either a technical capacity or editorially.
Jr. Coordinator responsibilities include training and scheduling part time event operations personnel and tracking their performance. They must have a demonstrated ability to coordinate between multiple internal and client-facing technical tiers and disciplines. Jr. Coordinators must be innovative in their approach to understanding and solving problems in a live broadcast environment; acting as a mentor and facilitator to the less experienced operations personnel. Candidates must possess excellent oral and written communication skills as they will be Verizon’s customer-facing entity in our program.
- Provide mentoring and event support to Live Operators as they perform the duties of processing live streams of sporting events and manually insert commercial interruptions. Up to 20 Live Event Operators will be assigned to individual Jr. Coordinators.
- The Live Event Coordinator will need to relay any observed source issues back to the client for resolution or resolve/escalate network and delivery issues to the proper Verizon support teams.
- Client point of contact to resolve any issue escalations or event-based troubleshooting requests
- Consolidate and distribute event summaries and personnel tracking documentation.
- A solid understanding of live media technologies combined with a functional knowledge of video streaming and delivery platforms.
- Experience with video production or broadcast workflows with a solid understanding of commercial formats and control room terminology
- Operational knowledge of a broadcast intercom system for client collaboration
- Highly organized skills set to balance and track personnel resources to event volume submitted by the client. High proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Must be flexible and able to work rotating shifts; experience in a 24/7 environment a plus
- Working knowledge of ticketing and metrics reporting platforms
- Windows Excel forms creation and manipulation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in areas such as video production, engineering, or communications
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top