Linux Systems Operations Manager
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Here at Verizon Digital Media Services, our engineers power 7% of the internet. As the Systems Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for a team of Systems Administrators and Engineers. You'll make sure that individuals on the team are developing as engineers, the work they perform has value, guide and direct automation efforts to improve efficiency, and instill a desire to enhance the work environment, both technically and people-wise.
What we need:
- Extensive Linux knowledge and experience
- Bash plus a language (Python, Perl, Java, C, etc.)
- Software Development experience and familiarity with the product life cycle
- Deep hardware knowledge
- Experience managing engineering teams
- Establishing a balance between on-call support and project priorities
- Motivating team members with growth paths that align with the direction of the team
- Hands-on technical leadership style
- Experience with Agile management methods
What we would like:
- Experience working in a large scale environment
- Site Reliability Engineering/DevOps Engineering experience
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top