Junior Java Developer
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission.
The successful candidate will be part of the Data services QA team working on developing automated tests and QA tools. The key responsibilities will include:
● Working as part of an agile team to design and develop automation tests for AOL Platform products.
● Delivering high quality and highly efficient Java code as part of the software QA team
● Occasionally involved in production deployment and troubleshooting
● Be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced Agile environment
● Collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders in ensuring high product quality through automation
● Stay abreast of emerging technologies and trends
We are looking for talented, creative and highly motivated engineers. You need to have an exceptional imagination, the ability to collaborate in a fast-paced environment, and be truly psyched about our mission to inform, entertain and connect the world. Other key experience and skills include:
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field AND
● 2+ years of experience in Java software development OR relevant combination of education and experience
● Experience with automated, build and deployment tools such as Chef, Jenkins, Maven and Git.
● Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
● Effective verbal and written communication skills
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top