Inventory Insight Analyst
Millennial Media is the leading mobile ad marketplace, making mobile simple for the world’s top brands, app developers, and mobile web publishers. The company's data and technology assets enable advertisers to connect with target audiences at scale, while driving monetization for publisher and developer partners. AOL acquired Millennial Media in 2015. Millennial Media boosts AOL's global, mobile capabilities and scale across ONE by AOL for advertisers and agencies, and offers the most attractive monetisation platform for app developers.
Millennial Media seeks an Inventory Insight Analyst, based in our London office, to join our growing Platform Demand Services team. The Inventory Insight Analyst will be responsible for packaging, pricing and categorizing inventory within the Millennial Media Exchange to maximize revenue and sell-through rates.
They will be a key member of the Demand Services account management team as well as being a key liaison with our Demand Development and Managed Media sales teams – providing inventory insights and site lists.
They will monitor the key demand trends against our inventory and share these insights with our Global Monetization Services team who recruit and manage our publisher and App Developer relationships.
This person will also play a key role in the inventory discovery and the creation of Private Marketplaces (PMPs) for our demand-side customer accounts (Agency Trading Desks & Programmatic Buying Units, Demand Side Platforms [DSPs], and Ad Networks).
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of working in an analytical field, handling large amounts of data and delivering actionable insights and solutions within a digital media company.
- Take ownership of understanding demand trends within the Millennial Media Exchange and execute analysis to translate this data into actionable insights that can be used across the business.
- Manage stakeholder requests for inventory categorization, packaging, pricing including the creation of PMPs.
- Proactively uncover 1st party demand opportunities to fill 3rd party supply, working with Sales and Sales Planners to do so.
- Drive efficiency by building statistical and programmatic methods to interrogate databases and spreadsheets to generate key insight.
- Develop key stakeholder management with Global Monetisation Services and Deal Desk teams.
- Own and drive to completion Platform Demand related inventory projects on a regular basis with an emphasis on the long term vision of Demand Services / Deal Desk.
- Collaborate with the Demand Services account management team, support periodic business reviews, day-to-day account communications, and revenue-growth opportunities
- Provide key insights to our Global Monetization Services team by gathering, documenting, and disseminating Demand accounts’ inventory needs and supply requirements
- Collaborate with sales colleagues and the cross-functional teams at Millennial Media to deliver superior client service, including Marketing, Publisher and Tech Services, Product Management, Engineering and Demand Sales and Services
- Act as a “brand ambassador” for Millennial Media, representing the culture, values, and ambitions of the leading premium mobile ad exchange
- 2-3 years of analytical and statistical work experience – ideally within a digital media business.
- Bachelors Degree in quantitative field (Such as Mathematics, Physics computer Science etc)
- Ability to form succinct insights and recommendations from large amounts of data and the ability to prioritize / multi-task to deliver timely service.
- Excel - advanced level (advanced use of formulas, charts, pivot tables)
- Intermediate to advanced SQL.
- Knowledge of the mobile media, games and application marketplace is preferred – with personal interest and ability to learn mobile required
- Interest in digital advertising and advertising technology
- Entrepreneurial spirit and work ethic; proven track record of taking ownership and driving results for his/her business
We pride ourselves in building exceptional career opportunities and offering outstanding benefits to our team. We know our expectations are high so in return we offer a very competitive salary and great benefits for a very simple reason: attract the best people and allow them to focus on being great. Fun is important to us too. We’ve worked hard to create an environment that is as fun and social as it is professional and focused. We have the enthusiasm of a start-up, the stability of a public company, and a culture driven by employees excited to challenge the status quo.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Director, Millennial Outreach
Jessica works with millennials to learn what kind of media and news they’d like to see on The Huffington Post—and relays that information to the editorial staff.
Back to top