Head of Video Sales
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
Oath’s Oath in Three Words: Create Brand Love
At Oath, we’re radically redefining the world of online media. By bringing together award-winning journalists, premium brands, original content and innovative technologies, we're transforming the way people around the world connect with information, entertainment, and each other. In the UK, we are home to a number of well known consumer brands including The Huffington Post, MSN, Yahoo, Engadget and TechCrunch.
We are looking for a new Head of Video Sales within our UK Commercial team, you will be accountable for engaging the wider business as well as driving our ambitious commercial objectives delivering growth across Oath’s video function for 2017 and beyond. You will be an ambitious, highly motivated, inspirational leader capable of both strategic thinking and tactical delivery. You need to have an exceptional imagination, the ability to collaborate in a fast-paced environment, and a sense of wonder and excitement about the future of video online.
Specialist Sales team Overview
The mission of the Specialist Sales team is to:
- Formulate and execute the go to market strategy for our key advertising solutions
- Drive the business forward to consolidate existing, and develop new revenue streams
- Hold in-depth, expert knowledge of your specialist ad product, as well as the competitive landscape
- Position Oath, yourself and your team, as the trusted authority in your field
- Bring client feedback to Oath’s internal teams (with particular emphasis on business and product teams) in a coordinated and consolidated way, so to develop best-in-class advertising solutions
Head Of Video Sales
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading Oath’s Video proposition in the UK, developing and aligning the UK strategy to that set out by the Head of Specialists Product
- Driving revenue growth for all of Oath Videos branding and performance ad solutions, across; agencies, advertisers, agency trading desks and programmatic buying units
- Directing and managing the Video Sales Team in order to drive yearly revenue numbers and achieve quarterly / monthly targets
- Work closely with your direct reports and the wider sales team to support all client-facing roles (agency, client, RYOT, programmatic, mobile, video) to ensure Video is best represented in market.
- Working with the Head of Branded & Original content to develop concepts and a got to market solutions for each concept.
- Supporting the partnership and direct relationship with the Client partner at Twitter for syndicating our original content
- Championing video products within internal Sales and Sales Operations meetings, driving video revenue across cross-functional sales teams
- Working with Business Development to strengthen the UK product, as well as with the One Video Sales team to reinforce our programmatic proposition and increase revenues
- Continuing to strengthen relationships within agency planning teams, creating a visible presence within agencies, including working with agency development leads
- Working with marketing and communications to continuously improve OATH Video’s message to the UK market, including collateral and other marketing materials.
- Considerable sales leadership and new business experience essential within digital media sales is a must. Previous VOD/TV sales would be a significant advantage alongside a broad network across AV and Broadcast
- Experience in putting together large budget content creation responses and ideas spanning the distribution of advertising and content through to pitching to create the content and video
- Creative and forward thinking, with a strong awareness of technology, video and digital solutions
- Excellent track record in developing relationships with advertising agencies, direct advertisers and winning new business
- Entrepreneurial with strong time management and organisational skills to maintain own work-flow and meet deadlines
- Degree qualified and motivated with a can-do attitude and a hunger for delivering results
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: Oath offers a competitive salary and benefits package. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, colour, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Strategic Account Manager, Attribution Client Services At Convertro
As a Strategic Account Manager, Christina works with brands’ key stakeholders, business decision makers, and executives to drive adoption of Convertro’s multi-touch attribution technology.
Back to top