Head of Programmatic Sales, AOL Asia
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to simplify the internet for consumers and creators by unleashing the world's best builders of culture and code. As the 4th largest online property in the U.S., with more than 200 million monthly consumers of its premium brands, AOL is at the center of disruption of how content is being produced, distributed, consumed and monetized by connecting publishers with advertisers on its global, programmatic content and advertising platforms. AOL's opportunity lies in shaping the future of the digitally connected world for decades to come.
The successful candidate will proactively identify new publisher and business development opportunities across the SEA region. S/He will sign up and effectively onboard new buyers / sellers in conjunction with the needs of the Adap.tv business in the SEA region. You will work with internal Adap.tv teams to identify new inventory needs such as strategic publishers / specific audience & geographic requirements and sign new publishers / inventory sources accordingly. In addition, you will also represent the benefits of using Adap.tv technology to the buying community across SEA. You will ensure new clients are successfully and efficiently brought onboard in conjunction with internal Sales Engineer teams and effectively manage new clients in conjunction with Client Services team.
- Meet and exceed inventory and revenue targets
- Sign new buyers & sellers, negotiate contracts and manage Sales Force pipeline
- Understand the requirements of a broad range of clients ensuring they are updated on Programmatic and RTB best practices.
- Work effectively with internal Adap.tv teams (Engineering, Tech Services, Product, Advertising and Finance) with clearly defined processes put in place to maximise efficiency.
- Analysing the current Adap.tv client portfolio and identify new business targets accordingly
- Keep up-do-date with product developments and use this information to source new business opportunities
- Develop deeper client relationships through strategic initiatives
- Cooperate with cross-functional teams and the wider Aol platforms portfolio to deliver results and meet publisher and Adap.tv goals.
- BA/BSc Degree
- 2-3 years business development experience in the online industry
- A sound knowledge of digital publishers and the different business models they have
- Experience of working with programmatic and RTB platforms
- Strong presentations skills
- Possess excellent negotiation tactics and be commercially astute
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to be able to communicate at all levels
- Excellent Excel, Word and Power Point skills
- A solid understanding of the programmatic marketplace and current trends
- Highly driven with a can do attitude and willing to go that extra mile
- Has the ability to work autonomously as well as being part of a tight-knit team
- Second language advantageous
- International experience advantageous, either working abroad or working with international publishers and agencies.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Director, Millennial Outreach
Jessica works with millennials to learn what kind of media and news they’d like to see on The Huffington Post—and relays that information to the editorial staff.
Back to top