Head of Product, International, ONE for Advertisers
Aol is a media technology company with a mission to connect consumers and creators through open marketplaces. AOL uses data to disrupt content production, distribution and monetisation. We connect publishers with advertisers across our global, programmatic platforms, tapping into Microsoft inventory and original content brands like TechCrunch, The Huffington Post and MAKERS which reach over 500 million monthly global consumers. Within our mobile advertising network alone, we have a reach of roughly 800 million users. A subsidiary of Verizon, AOL is shaping the digital future.
AOL Europe is made up of the following subsidiary brands – AOL O&O and AOL Platforms. AOL is seeking an experienced and motivated International Product Director who has significant International product experience in the Digital Advertising, Technology and Media industry.
Purpose of role
The Product Director will be responsible for defining and developing the vision of our ONE for Advertisers product suite for International Markets in partnership with the Business Unit Product Leads and International Leadership team. He/She will be required to work closely with technology and business teams to execute the product vision and roadmap. The position will work closely with teams across AOL Platforms, AOL Brands, and International Teams to bring new product offerings to market and expand existing product offerings to new markets. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to our International Businesses.
Key Role Accountabilities
- Act as industry leader in particular in the Digital Advertising and Media space and work to evangelize our product suite both internally and externally. Analyse market and product trends and work closely with customers and internal stakeholders to validate the product direction.
- Work closely with International Leadership to define new international markets by product and communicate the priorities to the BU Product Leads
- Define, develop and execute the vision, roadmap and product metrics.
- Work closely with technology and BU Product Leads and International Leadership team to productize new features for International Markets and provide guidance during development and testing
- Guide product managers in the business teams on creating and maintaining the product backlog and prioritization
- Guide other product managers in developing clear and compelling product requirements for new initiatives as well as existing product enhancements, including business justification, technical feasibility and operational impact
- Monitor progress of initiatives through the product development life cycle, identifying risks and opportunities and keeping stakeholders informed
- Work cross functionally with sales, operations and marketing teams to coordinate testing, training and product rollout initiatives
- Significant years of product management and Digital Advertising and Media industry experience
- Proven track record of results, demonstrated accountability for achieving individual and shared goals
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate internally with technical stakeholders, various business leaders representing the international markets and external clients
- Outstanding skills in stakeholder management, building and managing relationships across multiple geographic regions
- Experience managing simultaneous projects across multiple geographies and time zones and business teams as well as interact externally with partners and clients geographies demonstrated team leadership abilities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work well with and earn the respect of product, technology, marketing and
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail with proven experience managing projects to other business teams successful completion
Aol is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Aol employees are rewarded competitively and are entitled to a wide range of benefits that encourage a positive lifestyle. Our recruitment team will always welcome any conversations about flexible working requirements.
We do not accept resumes from placement agencies, headhunters or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with you.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Director, Millennial Outreach
Jessica works with millennials to learn what kind of media and news they’d like to see on The Huffington Post—and relays that information to the editorial staff.
Back to top