Global Agency Director
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
AOL’s Global Agency Development Team serves as the company’s Ambassador and point of contact to drive AOL’s strategic initiatives to global Holding Companies and their Agencies. The team’s purpose is to help its customers create innovative technology, content and media solutions to drive business results for the Holding Companies, their Agencies and for AOL.
We are seeking a Global Agency Director to strategically deepen senior, executive relationships and create business-building opportunities across the Holding Company and its agencies.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to:
- Represent AOL globally as its Senior Ambassador and Trusted Advisor with the holding company and their agencies.
- Build and manage relationships at the highest levels within the holding company and their Agencies, not limited to C-level, senior Investment Leader and senior Client Leader executives.
- Build and execute on a strategic business plan that aligns the holding company priorities and needs with AOL capabilities and assets.
- Manage a global book of business that delivers on revenue commitments on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Uncover opportunities based on the holding company and it’s agencies/clients strategic priorities, which ultimately influences and drives AOL revenue.
- Develop and execute on a plan to accelerate spend across AOL’s and the holding company ’s top Priority and Spend accounts.
- Represent AOL at the holding company's meetings and events (including their respective divisions/agencies), and industry (e.g., CES, Cannes, etc.) events to demonstrate AOL’s leadership that ultimately creates and drives strategic opportunities.
- Create deep internal relationships with key AOL stakeholders including Sales, Marketing, Monetization, and Engineering to guide the shaping of innovative client solutions.
- Develop and execute on a strong Communication plan that ensures that AOL efforts are coordinated across external clients as well as internal AOL teams (Sales, Marketing, etc.)
- Effectively manage and create a rewarding environment as the manager of the talent on the holding company's Global Agency Development team.
You will love this job if you:
- Are a strong Strategic Marketer with deep Agency experience and/or with deep understanding of Agency priorities and needs
- You are a persuasive, gregarious self-starter and a natural leader skilled at solving strategic challenges and explaining complex issues.
- Thrive on solving problems and finding new and unique solutions to meet client needs and AOL business objectives.
- Excel at building bold, strategic, innovative technology, content and media solutions leveraging a robust portfolio of AOL assets and capabilities.
- “Get” agencies – their structure, economics, processes, roles, clients, challenges, opportunities.
- Have a passion for the Advertising industry and Agency business.
- Excited about being in a global role and understand that international travel is required to effectively perform in the role.
- 15+ years’ experience in the advertising industry in a strategic leadership role, ultimately responsible for revenue management and revenue growth.
- Strong experience working at or with advertising agencies – requires deep understanding of agency economics, processes and roles.
- Proven ability to drive results, as well as create and sell-in innovative solutions to clients.
- At least 5 years’ experience managing a client-facing team that is responsible for strategic revenue growth.
- Proven ability to simplify and package complex product offerings for appropriate audiences.
- Ability to handle many initiatives simultaneously and prioritize according to meeting revenue goals.
- Understanding of and experience with all things digital advertising; programmatic, mobile, video, content, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Strategic Account Manager, Attribution Client Services At Convertro
As a Strategic Account Manager, Christina works with brands’ key stakeholders, business decision makers, and executives to drive adoption of Convertro’s multi-touch attribution technology.
Back to top