General Assignment Editor, The Huffington Post
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, video, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged global community for opinion and conversation. The platform has 100,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects about which they are most passionate. The Huffington Post is committed to covering our core editorial pillars -- news and politics, wellness, and solutions to the world's biggest problems -- and using every available tool and platform, including virtual reality and immersive storytelling, to inform, inspire, entertain and empower. With a global multiplatform audience, The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Maghreb, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Greece, India, Australia and the Arab world. The Huffington Post is part of AOL Inc.
The Huffington Post is looking for a talented and hungry Assignment Editor to assign stories, oversee news coverage, and manage our west coast reporters. This editor will spearhead coverage on everything from major global events to provocative conversations that bubble up online.
Requirements for Success:
* Love the news so much you follow it relentlessly
* Live for the thrill of being first to a story
* Have a nose for the little details that make a story sing
* Have the judgment to know when a story matters — and when it doesn’t
* Have a knack for brainstorming informative, interesting and fun story ideas
* Be able to learn from data
* Have at least five years experience in digital journalism
* Find a great story in all kinds of places: Twitter, a small blog, emerging platforms, or in the 10th paragraph of a newspaper article
* Be a joy to work with
* Have impeccable writing and editing skills
* Have a wide range of interests, from hard news to entertainment
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top