Financial Analyst, Video & Mobile
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to connect consumers and creators through open marketplaces. AOL uses data to disrupt content production, distribution and monetisation. We connect publishers with advertisers across our global, programmatic platforms, tapping into Microsoft inventory and original content brands like TechCrunch, The Huffington Post and MAKERS which reach over 500 million monthly global consumers. Within our mobile advertising network alone, we have a reach of roughly 800 million users. A subsidiary of Verizon, AOL is shaping the digital future.
AOL’s field finance team is seeking a tenacious financial analyst candidate to help support the AOL Platforms organization video products. Responsibilities include preparation of P&L’s for various business units, reporting financial results, forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, accuracy assurance, along with a variety of other Ad Hoc reporting exercises. This role will be in direct support to the Senior Manager of finance for the AOL Platforms organization. The position will be high visibility and require interaction with key business stakeholders along with the corporate finance leadership team so strong communication is a must.
1. Working knowledge of spreadsheet applications, databases, and pivot tables
2. Working knowledge of Power Point charting and graphing
3. Begins to see relationships among and across areas.
4. Assists in researching financial and economic trends and developing short-term forecasts.
5. Tracks and analyzes actuals vs. budgeted departmental expenses.
5. Able to communicate and facilitate understanding of moderately complex aspects of job.
6. Provides costing, financial and budget documentation.
7. Assists in developing project activity cost estimates and risk analysis.
8. Tracks, reports and analyzes assigned area activities.
9. Maintains labor cost database for project estimating, pricing, and cost analysis.
10. Supports staff in all expense and headcount budgeting activities.
11. Gathers and analyzes appropriate data for monthly or ad hoc financial reports for assigned areas.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required in Accounting or Finance (preferably).
Experience: Minimum of 1-3 years direct related finance experience. Digital Advertising background a plus.
Qualities: Top qualities include exceptional quantitative & analytical skills, reliability, taking initiative, strong work ethic and great communication skills.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top