Director, Platform and Developer Services
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content – so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Verizon Digital Media Services Oath in Three Words: Personalized video experiences
- Team Leadership - Manage a team of approximately 6-10 Product Managers with varying degrees of responsibility and seniority. Ability to guide and mentor team members, communicate effectively, motivate and create a sense of enthusiasm.
- Product Vision and Evolution - Help define the feature-set, priorities, and capability roadmap for the Media Services family of products.
- Collaboration - This position requires maturity, good judgement, and the ability to work across many disciplines and teams to share knowledge and expertise, build consensus, and to ensure convergence of many disparate development workstreams into a unified and consistent customer experience.
- Execution Focused - While this position is a leadership position, there is an expectation of execution and continuous delivery of innovation and improvement to the services. A hands-on, engaged, "in-the-details" style of leadership is a must. Detailed knowledge of the product, architecture, capabilities and roadmap are required.
- Market Knowledge - Deep and broad familiarity with the technologies, tools, systems, and processes used in the media ecosystem. Existing relationships across the industry with customers, prospects and partners.
- Excellent Communication - ability to communicate up, down, and across the organization, both within VDMS and with customers and partners. Ability to represent VDMS externally and communicate the vision, capabilities, and differentiators of our portfolio.
- Flexibility - Ability to juggle multiple, often competing priorities from different sources. Ability to travel - sometimes extensively. Ability to adapt to changing environment and requirements yet keep focused and provide positive leadership under pressure.
- Extensive experience in media workflow and tools used by leading web publishers, studios, broadcast networks/affiliates, MVPD's, and other media companies.
- Experience building Enterprise-grade, B2B and B2B2C applications and media tools.
- Exposure to, knowledge of, and/or hands on experience using a variety of in market OVP, CMS and media creation, curation, and distribution services. Experience with foundational technologies and services such as CDN, Cloud Services, Saas/Paas platforms and development techniques.
- Experience with Agile and Product Lifecycle methodologies.
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility in relevant positions.
- Good track record of tenure, stability, and growth within prior organizations.
- Prior use of, or familiarity with, VDMS services as a customer or partner would be highly desirable.
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Strategic Account Manager, Attribution Client Services At Convertro
As a Strategic Account Manager, Christina works with brands’ key stakeholders, business decision makers, and executives to drive adoption of Convertro’s multi-touch attribution technology.
Back to top