Director of Internal Communications, International
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We are a leader in digital and mobile media with a global house of 50+ brands. Oath's portfolio of brands includes HuffPost, Tumblr, Yahoo, TechCrunch, BUILD, Engadget and MAKERS. Oath is shaping the digital future.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Develop and execute internal communication plans, strategic initiatives and informing, engaging, creative campaigns that advance business goals and cultural objectives.
- Collaborate with communications, PR and marketing colleagues globally to ensure employees across the globe receive appropriate, timely, culturally-sensitive communications surrounding upcoming announcements, events and launches and that there is ample internal coverage on activities happening in non US markets.
- Build strong relationships with regional leadership and in-country leaders to create internal campaigns that build on global initiatives but are locally relevant
- Develop new, innovative ways to communicate internally with the greatest impact.
- Advise on appropriate channels to maximise impact. Assess the current communication channels by market and identify opportunities for greater global alignment
- Work with global colleagues on communications for the sales teams
- Hands on position, must be prepared to roll up your sleeves
- Collaborate with US-based IC team members as well as external communications and marketing colleagues globally to ensure alignment
- Putting data at the heart of everything you do. Find innovative ways to measure employee sentiment and utilise data to drive creative internal comms campaigns.
- BA/BSc Degree (Communication, English or Journalism is preferred)
- Exceptional verbal and written skills are required; you must be able to crisply articulate concepts
- Significant experience managing an Internal Communication function in a global organisation
- Strong leadership, presentation and managerial skills
- Ability to be viewed by senior management as expert
- Strong understanding of the media technology space
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment under pressure with tight deadlines
- A wide degree of latitude is expected
- Creative and willing to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table
- Act as a mentor for the Internal Communications Manager
- Fluency in a second language (Spanish, French, Portuguese, Japanese) welcomed but not essential
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: Oath offers a competitive salary and benefits package. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, colour, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Strategic Account Manager, Attribution Client Services At Convertro
As a Strategic Account Manager, Christina works with brands’ key stakeholders, business decision makers, and executives to drive adoption of Convertro’s multi-touch attribution technology.
Back to top