AOL is committed to hiring and growing the best talent on the planet within the Media Technology industry, and yes you read that right, Media Technology! In case you haven’t heard AOL these days consists of totally awesome brands like Huffington Post, Mapquest, TechCrunch and Engadget just to name a few. Additionally, we own & operate the best advertising technology stack in the business with our launch of AOL One giving both advertisers and publishers an end to end solution for their clients. With the acquisition of AOL by Verizon in June of 2015 we are stoked to have the opportunity to combine their footprint of 1.5B+ connected devices to the overall AOL strategy as we continue to focus our efforts on the mobile and video advertising markets. While we love being part of the Verizon family, we are continuing to run as a standalone company (yay!).
Above & beyond all the cool brands, content and advertising tech though we are a company that attracts, values and grows truly awesome people and talent. If you are looking for a career (not just a job), enjoy a fast paced & dynamic work environment, love working with super smart and top tier engineers and want to be a part of the continued success in growing the AOL business then look no further than this role @ AOL!
• Manage the production environment.
• Full 24*7 responsibility on the production environment.
• Monitor the production environment and proactively manage it.
• Work with NOC and WebOps teams in the US.
• Automate deployments of various modern technologies used throughout our system.
• Provide tooling for teams to interact with our various environments (e.g. monitoring, deployment, incident analysis).
• Work with the development teams on the operational angles of their solutions.
• Analyze production incidents for root causes and solutions.
• Required experience in network protocols (e.g. WINS, DNS, TCP/IP).
• Required 2-3 years experience in a web operations position.
• Experience administering *nix/Ubuntu.
• Required experience working at an internet / SaaS company in a web operations position.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Experience with Chef.
• Experience with Terraform/Cloudformation.
• Experience with monitoring tools: Zabbix or Sensu.
• Required experience in automating operations and development processes (e.g. ruby, python) .
• Self motivated and able to work independently with low supervision and in a team environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with Source control systems like Github, Git.
• Experience in a high scalability, high load environment.
• Familiarity with network devices, load balancing, windows clusters, SAN, NAS.
• Experience integrating various 3rd party solutions into the operations and development process.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top