Data Center Technician/Engineer
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
SCOPE OF POSITION
Verizon Digital Media Services is looking for a Datacenter Technician who can help grow and maintain our datacenter footprint, operational processes and maintenance bandwidth. This person will be an integral part to of Infrastructure Operations team and will be helping in all aspects of our datacenter implementation, migration and deployment.
- Assist in the overall coordination and execution of our datacenter operations
- Rack and stack of all Dell and HP server types
- Perform operational tasks associated with datacenter implementation, migration and deployments utilizing remote-hands
- Expert cabling techniques. Able to cable very dense server cabinets neatly and cleanly without cable management and makes use of best cabling practices
- Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within datacenter operations; recommend solutions and assist in overseeing implementation.
- Ensure all necessary operational processes and procedures are carried out with a high level of attention to detail, expediency and on-time delivery.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of network and datacenter diagrams and detailed site documentation.
- Coordinate with appropriate vendors for equipment purchasing, shipping, RMA’s, etc.
- Monitor datacenter capacity and provide analytics & forecasts for added or reduced capacity as required.
- Generate appropriate reports on datacenter metrics for management.
- Travel on an as-needed basis both domestically and internationally to accomplish on-site maintenance.
- BA/BS preferred (or equivalent experience)
- 3-5 years of datacenter operations experience
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP and ability to manage servers and direct contract personnel remotely
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with servers and network technologies
- Must possess strong documentation skills using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other online documentation tools such as a wiki.
- Experience using an operational ticketing system to record changes and work history details
- Must be able to communicate with precision and clarity with remote-hands technicians over the phone to execute datacenter deployment plans accurately
- Previous experience with a CDN is a plus
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Director, Millennial Outreach
Jessica works with millennials to learn what kind of media and news they’d like to see on The Huffington Post—and relays that information to the editorial staff.
Back to top