Creative Strategist - 12 Month Maternity Cover
In June 2017 Verizon completed its $4.48 billion acquisition of Yahoo's operating business and formed a new subsidiary called "Oath" that includes both Yahoo and AOL brands. Oath is a diverse house of 50+ media and technology brands that engages over a billion people around the world. We’re building deep content experiences in the most important consumer verticals: news, sports, finance, tech and entertainment/lifestyle.
This is a critical & challenging UK sales role reporting to the Head of Creative Strategists. The RYOT Studio Content Team is a mature & profitable business which is about to undergo a new phase of growth & development. This individual will help deliver increased revenue growth within the division across multiple product areas & will be responsible for ensuring that RFP pitches are developed, written and sold effectively to drive maximum revenue return & customer satisfaction.
The Creative Strategist will spearhead Creative Solutions selling and evangelism across their specific agency patch to develop RYOT Studios’ position of leadership in the digital marketing space.
The RYOT Studio Team is charged with developing & executing against agreed sales targets to ensure market share growth in native advertising. This team supports the frontline agency sales function and also engage directly with clients and agencies to drive our reputation in market. The key deliverables are profitable revenue, customer satisfaction/retention & efficient business process execution.
Assisting the Head of Creative Strategists in:
- Maximising revenues from the audience & product assets as well as delivering against quarterly and annual budget /targets
- Owning the end-to-end pitch process for all content briefs that come from your agency roster – brand channels, advertorials, sponsorships, VR, Video, Tech etc.
- Clear understanding of and experience in the creative production process – editorial, video, photography, animation, illustration, tech, VR etc.
- Demonstrable understanding on the role & impact of creative technology on native advertising campaigns
- Evangelise product across the complete Oath network
- Developing clear GTM plans for their agency patch & ensuring efficient execution against revenue goals
- Ensuring compliance with pricing & policy guidelines based on market intelligence & competitor positioning
- Working with Product/Editorial and Marketing teams to ensure great cross-team collaboration and clear GTM strategy
- Partnering with the agency group’s sales executives to ensure best-in-class processes across campaign ideation and delivery
- Working closely with the Oath Insight Team to ensure all ideas are grounded in smart insight and deliver expected ROI
Proven experience in digital creative solutions or similar in creative / media agency. Highly developed communication, leadership & analytical skills coupled with a broad understanding of the media industry. Capacity for strategic thought leadership and a thirst to create brilliant, award winning work.
- Strategic sales knowledge & proven ability to adapt to new offerings/products
- Demonstrable sales & negotiation skills
- Presentation & communication skills
- Deep knowledge of core sales competencies
- Creative thinker coupled with excellent organisational ability
- Ability to deal with ambiguity & provide clear direction in such circumstances.
- Ability to be effective in a matrix organization & develop credibility with peers, senior executives & sales staff
- Driven, ambitious & a clear ability to prioritise & work to deadlines
- Strong communication skills – internal & external
- Results focused – proven ability to implement complex strategies & working practices
- Passionate about customers and delivering the best content possible
- Proven strong inter-departmental working skill set & background
- Clear vision & ability to lead change
Education to degree level preferable. Marketing qualifications an advantage.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: Oath offers a competitive salary and benefits package. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, colour, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Strategic Account Manager, Attribution Client Services At Convertro
As a Strategic Account Manager, Christina works with brands’ key stakeholders, business decision makers, and executives to drive adoption of Convertro’s multi-touch attribution technology.
Back to top