Contract Specialist (Paralegal) – Deal Management
As a leading technology and on-line media company, AOL is looking to hire the best and brightest talent. We are seeking talented individuals who can uphold our values of embracing change, trusting and routing for each other, acting with integrity, helping each other and taking fun seriously. We seek to hire and empower smart people who love what they do and who find value in working for a dynamic company.
At the AOL Global Shared Service Center (SSC) our mission is to provide world class service, offer our employees meaningful growth opportunities, maintain a tight control environment, uphold the financial integrity of AOL and continuously improve our processes. This position will oversee shared service operations at our Dublin regional SSC in supporting the Order to Cash function for AOL’s international operations.
Contracts Specialists undertake the review, preparation and administration of contractual arrangements and handling a variety of other tasks.
The Contract Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Overseeing and assisting with the creation and maintenance of contract databases.
- Acting as an information source on organization policies and procedures pertaining to legal/contract requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with organization policies, procedures, planning and billing systems.
- Resolving contract issues under the guidance of more senior contracts specialists or attorneys.
- Liaising with a variety of organization stakeholders including: Sales, Monetization, Legal, Billing and Accounts Receivable.
- Handling initial contract review and analyzing contracts to ensure compliance with company policy, procedures and systems, government specifications and other requirements, and/or other tasks related to legal and regulatory compliance.
- Facilitating internal sign-off processes and coordinating contract summaries and distribution of fully executed agreements to internal stakeholders.
- Conducting research on projects as directed by Lead.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field.
- 2 - 4 years of directly related professional experience.
- Experience with contract management tools is strongly recommended
- Knowledge of contract terms and condition requirements, while understanding the liability associated with terms and conditions.
- Knowledge of legal terminology.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills, and demonstrated conflict management and change management skills required.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow process and procedures.
Must have demonstrated ability to:
- produce written documents with clearly organized thoughts using proper sentence structure, punctuation and grammar.
- work with cross-functional teams.
- make sound decisions based upon documented policies and procedures.
- make decisions, exercise resourcefulness and prioritize tasks to meet a variety of demands.
- comprehend and make inferences from written material.
- exercise independent initiative and judgment.
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Salesforce, Database Management and Contract Management tools.
Back to top