Business Analyst, Operations & Analytics, Huffington Post
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has ~200 million unique visitors per month (comScore, global multiplatform). The site has almost 100,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects about which they are most passionate. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Maghreb, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Greece, India and the Arabic world. The Huffington Post is part of AOL Inc.
The Huffington Post Operations & Analytics team manages the day-to-day and long-term initiatives related to company strategy, content publishing, editorial operations, consumer and audience research, strategic analytics, macro trends in the publishing space, and executive metrics analysis. This team reports to the CEO of The Huffington Post, and is tasked with driving critical business initiatives for traffic and revenue growth.
Huffington Post is seeking a Business Analyst, Operations & Analytics to provide the analytical “horsepower” and business judgment to support strategic and tactical initiatives. An effective candidate will be given the opportunity to help shape and drive business objectives while becoming an expert in a fast-paced, data-driven environment. Further, while the role is highly focused on traffic, consumer behaviors, audience insights, competitive analysis, content
More specifically, this role involves:
• Developing hypothesis-driven strategic analysis for key operational initiatives while managing the whole process of raw data collection, deep dive analysis, recommendation development, and presentation to executive audience
• Independently managing data gathering and analysis of HuffPost metrics and KPIs, through development of standard data management processes/models to aid in decision-making and overall strategy
• Performing querying, extracting and analyzing information from reporting tools and databases while using advanced Excel, SQL, Python, and Tableau, as necessary
• Supporting HuffPost executives in gathering insights to drive strategy and support client/partner meetings, external conferences and events, etc.
• Driving long-term projects to seek & implement best practices on editorial analytics, social interactions, content distribution, and digital audience engagement via internal development or 3rd party platforms integration
• Constant, clear communication of objectives, status, tactics and results to all stakeholders
• 1-3 years experience (academically, or professionally) in quantitative and qualitative analytics such as performance measurement, user segmentation, test design, modeling and web analytics
• Bachelor's degree required
• Proficiency with writing SQL queries to extract data from databases
• Ability to conceptualize business issues, formulate hypotheses, gather results, analyze data, and make appropriate recommendations for change
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills. Excel and PowerPoint power user
• Analytics or related experience in digital media companies/startups especially in digital news, lifestyle content, entertainment content are strongly preferred, but not required
• Passion for digital media and Huffington Post
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Director, Millennial Outreach
Jessica works with millennials to learn what kind of media and news they’d like to see on The Huffington Post—and relays that information to the editorial staff.
Back to top