Application Support Engineer - Content Services (EMEA)
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content – so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
As the Application Support Engineer for Content Services, you will be responsible for addressing and resolving complex video issues related to encoding and playback, live and linear streaming along with Ad insertion workflows pertaining to Video Lifecycle Solution (VLS) platform. As the member of Tier 2 escalation point contact for customers and internal teams, you have knowledge of streaming, encoding experience across disparate devices, as well as an intimate understanding of video encoding appliances, monitoring tools and network troubleshooting.
- Be a member of the Tier 2 team located in three time zones providing 24x7x365 support with on-call attributes
- Resolve complex technical issues related to the video creation and delivery workflow for all our customers
- Address escalation of issues from our Technical Support centers that handle network and customer issues
- Automate and script repetitive tasks where needed
- Participate in knowledge creation and sharing to all team members and to our customers
- Act as the subject matter expert for assigned products/service offerings
- Work with Product teams to make sure that new services and features can be effectively supported
- Bachelors degree in CS, MIS or relevant engineering experience
- Extensive experience with Linux
- Experience troubleshooting multi-tiered applications and streaming media protocols
- Deep understanding of web application protocols
- Extensive professional experience with Linux administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, and security procedures
- Experience using network protocol commands
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, social skills and communication skills by having professional experience in customer facing role in a technology oriented/driven environment utilizing variety of communication tools such as email, phone /video bridges, and ticketing systems
- Experience as an application or systems/network engineer preferably in a video centric environment
- Experience with enterprise/network/video architecture monitoring tools or applications
- Experience with supporting web applications running on the cloud
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases desired
- Ability to multitask, do effective prioritization along with time management and organizational skills
- Exposure to interactive TV/VOD or media industry
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Director, Millennial Outreach
Jessica works with millennials to learn what kind of media and news they’d like to see on The Huffington Post—and relays that information to the editorial staff.
Back to top