Android Engineer - Mobile Core
Moving the business beyond just maps and directions, MapQuest is looking to transform itself and retake its rightful place as an industry leader in local discovery and travel. We love to invent experiences that surprise and delight our customers as we help them along their daily travels. We solve interesting, real-world challenges in geospatial, navigation, travel, local search, advertising, LBS, and micro-transactions on all the major mobile device platforms of every form-factor. We work as a team grow as a team, and succeed as a team.
You're an engineer looking for a career where you'll be able to build, to deliver, and to impress. You are passionate about mobile computing and want to disrupt the world of application development on mobile devices. You want to build rich customer experiences, utilizing to the fullest possible extent all the cool hardware on the device. You want to work on projects that require creative thinking and deep understanding of the problem space. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. You're a thought leader, but you don't just know how to solve the problem, you prove it by building the solution. Last but not the least; you have a high bar for code quality and passion for design and architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (preferred), Math, Physics, or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years professional experience in software development
- 1-2 years experience building complex mobile applications on Android (preferred), iOS, or Windows Phone platforms that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – object oriented design, data structures, algorithms, design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in Java
- Proven track record of delivery
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience delivering mobile applications with support across a wide range of devices/hardware
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM, Kanban, XP), OO modeling, web services, unit testing, code review, source control (git, subversion), UNIX, middleware and databases
- Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
MapQuest Valued Behaviors:
- High energy with a positive attitude
- Eager and willingness to learn
- Strong problem solving and analytical analysis skills
- Operate with high integrity and respect
- Enjoys and is willing to contribute to a collaborate environment.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top