Account Manager, Germany
AOL is a global media and technology company, representing the best of all worlds: premium content and innovative technology. Our continued growth and evolution is the product of nearly a decade of careful cultivation of our internal strengths, coupled with thoughtful acquisitions and rigorous integration of the very best technologies and talents on the market. Today, AOL utilizes its four pillars of video, mobile, ad technology and platforms, and open ecosystems both within our own properties such as The Huffington Post, TechCrunch, Mapquest, and MAKERS as well as when working with brands to reach new audiences and drive compelling narratives in ways never done before. AOL is a subsidiary of Verizon.
Reporting to the Head of Account Management, the Account Manager services clients (media agencies as well as direct clients) who run Online Advertising campaigns with AOL Germany.
The Account Manager is accountable for increasing advertiser satisfaction and online market share for AOL through excellent service, execution and optimization of clients’ advertising campaigns. The Account Manager builds strong client and agency relationships in partnership with the Sales Team. He/she is deeply involved in daily business and must ensure that client campaigns are fulfilled in line with the clients’ requirements and expectations.
- Organisation of campaign setup.
- Analyse campaign summary reports to identify insights and recommendations for optimisation to improve customer satisfaction and effective campaign results.
- Use own understanding of technical advancements and solutions in AOL and the industry to provide optimal solutions for clients or agencies.
- Identify, manage and mitigate customer objections to drive sales effectiveness and improve customer service.
- Assist Account Executive in developing incremental business by identifying upsell and growth opportunities.
- Conduct meetings with clients and agencies to improve own understanding of the client's or agency's business and build stronger relationship.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience with a media company or agency.
- Profound knowledge of the online and offline advertising market.
- Proven ability to develop a network of contacts and relationships within the advertising industry.
- Excellent communication skills in German and English
- Creative problem solver
Technical / Functional Skills
- Common Market ad technologies
- Deep understanding of ad serving mechanisms and implications.
- Analytical skills and profound Excel knowledge
Personal Attributes / Interpersonal Skills
- Team Player
- Energy and Drive
AOL Platforms enables the world's top marketers and media brands to reach consumers across desktop, mobile and TV through premium experiences, programmatic buying and performance-driven campaigns. It is the global partner of choice for leading publishers, advertisers and agencies seeking to maximize the value of their brands online. - See more at: http://www.aolplatforms.com
At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is an equal opportunity employers and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, political persuasion or trade union membership.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Strategic Account Manager, Attribution Client Services At Convertro
As a Strategic Account Manager, Christina works with brands’ key stakeholders, business decision makers, and executives to drive adoption of Convertro’s multi-touch attribution technology.
Back to top