Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Verizon Digital Media is looking for a high performing Account Manager to join our team. The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the day to day relationships with our content and delivery service clients. The position will ensure client satisfaction and minimize customer churn.
You will collaborate with the broader customer account team to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of Verizon Digital Media with our customers. The position requires seasoned customer-facing skills that allow you to represent Verizon well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior technology and senior personnel. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you help our customers take advantage of the efficiency, cost savings and quick innovative products made available by Verizon Digital Media.
- Manage current accounts identified by management in verticals including Internet retail, emerging technologies, online video, and small to medium enterprise.
- Identify key client business and technical issues and/or industry/market developments that help to define client needs
- Maintain the day to day relationships with our clients, ensuring satisfaction while maximizing revenue opportunities through awareness of product offerings.
- Responsible for the retention of revenue within accounts and consistent high touch account management with current client base
- Provides advisory through end-to-end implementation management services, applying an understanding of the client defining their needs
- Identify and seize cross and up-sell opportunities for new products and services to existing clients
- Be the point person for client communication and contribute directly to the results of the Sales team
- Serve as the primary point of contact to existing clients on issues regarding contract terms, new functionality requirements, assisting with CDN implementation/strategy, announcing/promoting new services/features, and managing various questions regarding accounts
- Provide assistance to customers in navigating and configuring their customer portal as needed
- Produce Pipeline and Forecast reports as needed for the sales management team
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of B2B account management experience in a technical or internet environment
- Strong customer orientation – promoting customer satisfaction, resolution and loyalty
- Outstanding computer skills, highly proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook and various web applications
- Salesforce.com experience is preferred
- Highly motivated, self-driven, and ambitious to drive sales and revenue for the company
- Strong knowledge of Internet and security concepts and demonstrate the ability to discuss them with intelligence and conviction
- Background in Internet infrastructure, enterprise solution software and internet commerce is desired
- Possess excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal
- Responsible, self-directed, forward thinker who knows what needs to be done and operates with urgency, focus, discipline and minimal supervision
- Highly organized and able to multi-task in an extremely fast paced, energetic, enterprise environment
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Director, Millennial Outreach
Jessica works with millennials to learn what kind of media and news they’d like to see on The Huffington Post—and relays that information to the editorial staff.
Back to top