Account Executive, Publisher Sales
At AOL, we’re radically redefining the world of online media. By bringing together award-winning journalists, premium brands, original content and innovative technologies, we're transforming the way people around the world connect with information, entertainment, and each other. In the UK, we are home to a number of well known consumer brands including The Huffington Post, TechCrunch and Engadget, run successful advertising businesses through Advertising.com, ONE:Display, ONE:Video, Be On, AolOn and ADTECH Marketplace and Microsoft Advertising properties MSN, Outlook Xbox, Skype, Mobile.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Publisher Sales, this position close and grow Advertising Network partnerships onto the ONE by AOL: Publishers platform. The ideal candidate has a deep intimate understanding of the automated advertising landscape. This person can effectively communicate the values and nuances of complicated technologies to both a C level executive and an Ad Operations manager (without solely relying on the plethora of industry acronyms to execute).
You have a track record of forging meaningful relationships across the digital industry, but especially with decision makers at the foremost network advertising companies in the U.S. You have been hands on in optimizing/growing your client accounts both from a tactical and mildly technical perspective, and are not afraid to do it regularly. You are resourceful and refuse to sit idle waiting for someone else to help address your client’s needs.
Must have deep practical knowledge of the current digital advertising landscape across video and display. Experience in mobile is a plus.
Main responsibilities include:
- Proactively prospecting your territory for new opportunities along with developing your assigned ONE by AOL: Publishers platform accounts
- Identify strategic decision makers and build strong relationships across your accounts
- Drive awareness of the ONE by AOL: Publishers platform and its capabilities through the industry, by effectively communicating the benefits of a relationship with Aol
- Introduce new ONE by AOL: Publishers platform services and features, as they are rolled out
- Close new contracts, track and report monthly revenue and collaborate with the account management team across all your publisher accounts to achieve set goals
- 5+ years of experience in the online advertising/technology space
- Online video, Display and advertising experience
- 3 years of sales experience and at least 1 with a digital video and/or display programmatic platform
- Fluency in technology, with strong presentation and communication skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with good knowledge of CMS's, video/display and advertising specific metrics, cookies, beacons and general web analytics
- Strong relationship development skills and proactive follow through with accounts
- A proven track record of closing strategic deals and exceeding revenue objectives within complex and changing or new business environments
- Solutions based selling skills/consultative sales background
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate technical benefits to advertising media decision makers
- Frequent travel and in person meetings, up to 30% per month
- BS/BA required
Open to candidates in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top