Senior iOS or Android Developer - Email Specialist
Anonyome Labs was created to give people control and freedom over their personal and private information. We believe that people should be able to determine how, what, and with whom they share their personal details. We are building the tools that shift the balance of power from the public and private data brokers, advertisers, and organizations demanding your personal information, back to you , the user.
We are hiring for a senior or architect-level software engineer with proven expertise in building and scaling email applications, ideally in the consumer app space. As our global user base grows, the complexity of deploying and operating an end-to-end encrypted messaging product dramatically increases. You'll be joining us in our Salt Lake City, Utah office, working with a talented group of software professionals on a sophisticated privacy-based communications app (telephony, messaging, email, browser, payments).
Who we're looking for:
- Senior or architect-level position focused on building modern email apps.
- Capable of contributing directly to at least one of our platforms (Java backend, iOS or Android), but with a larger emphasis on being able to architect and build robust, state-of-the-art email/inbox products.
- Direct experience with encrypted email (e.g. SMIME)
- Track record for bringing innovation and technical leadership to an organization.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to write concise technical docs and present complex ideas
Products you might have worked on:
- ProtonMail, Fastmail, 33Mail, Lavabit, Tutanota
- Inbox, Spark, Polymail
- Gmail, Apple Mail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook
- Postmark App, Sendgrid, Mandrill, Halon
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of professional iOS or Android development of email apps
- Ability to architect complex backend and front-end applications in the email space
- Extensive knowledge of Swift+iOS or Java+Android design principles and third-party libraries
- Experience implementing and maintaining unit tests
- Ability to develop maintainable, well-designed software under tight deadline
- Personal interest in consumer privacy and the protection of personal information
- Experience with backend real-time messaging systems
- Experience and enthusiasm for a disciplined process (e.g. Scrum)
- Experience building products with end-to-end encryption, telephony or payments
- Prior experience working at a startup and/or employing agile/lean startup principles
Finally, we expect you to score extremely high on our "Stuff That Matters":
BELIEVE: In the company's mission, in the team, and in your equity
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM: We win together and lose individually
OK WITH AMBIGUITY: Comfortable making decisions with very little information
CURIOSITY: Seek out answers inside and outside the building
HUMILITY: Assume you don't have all the answers and seek to understand
BIAS TO ACTION: When in doubt, DO SOMETHING NOW
OWNERSHIP: When in doubt, TAKE IT ON.
We offer health, dental, vision & life insurance plans, unlimited PTO, cool office space, equity, catered lunches, and an exciting and innovative atmosphere.
If you're interested in changing the world, we'd love to talk to you.
Back to top