Senior Backend Java Developer - Telephony Specialist
Anonyome Labs was created to give people control and freedom over their personal and private information. We believe that people should be able to determine how, what, and with whom they share their personal details. We are building the tools that shift the balance of power from data miners, advertisers, and organizations demanding your personal information, back to you , the user.
We are looking for a senior or architect-level Java engineer with proven expertise in building and scaling telephony applications, ideally in the consumer app space. As our global user base grows, the complexity of deploying and operating a privacy-focused telephony product dramatically increases. You'll be joining us in our Gold Coast office, working with a talented group of software professionals on a sophisticated consumer-based communications app (telephony, messaging, email, browser, payments).
We believe in team-based component ownership, development, and quality assurance. We expect engineer involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies, and approaches to take Anonyome Labs to the next level.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at a well established global startup, working with global leaders in the security and privacy space at our local US lab.
Who we're looking for:
- Senior/Architect-level Java engineer with advanced working knowledge and experience building and scaling telephony-centric products
- Capable of leading the architecture and development efforts in expanding features to a global audience
- Hands-on experience in scaling telephony solutions to millions of monthly active users
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to write concise technical docs and present complex ideas
Products you might have worked on:
- Skype, Signal, Whatsapp, Viber, Burner
- Twilio, Bandwidth, Plivo, Nexmo
- RingCentral, Aircall, Vonage, Ooma, Nextiva
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of professional Java development in the telephony space
- Ability to architect complex backend and front-end applications in the telephony space
- Extensive knowledge of Java design principles and third-party libraries
- Experience implementing and maintaining unit tests
- Ability to develop maintainable, well-designed software under tight deadline
- Personal interest in consumer privacy and the protection of personal information
- Experience with Android, RxJava and/or Kotlin
- Experience with iOS development, specifically Swift
- Experience and enthusiasm for a disciplined process (e.g. Scrum)
- Experience building products with end-to-end encryption, messaging, payments or email
- Prior experience working at a startup and/or employing agile/lean startup principles
Finally, we expect you to score extremely high on our "Stuff That Matters":
BELIEVE: In the company's mission, in the team, and in your equity
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM: We win together and lose individually
OK WITH AMBIGUITY: Comfortable making decisions with very little information
CURIOSITY: Seek out answers inside and outside the building
HUMILITY: Assume you don't have all the answers and seek to understand
BIAS TO ACTION: When in doubt, DO SOMETHING NOW
OWNERSHIP: When in doubt, TAKE IT ON.
We offer health, dental, vision & life insurance plans, unlimited PTO, cool office space, equity, catered lunches, and an exciting and innovative atmosphere.
If you're interested in changing the world, we'd love to talk to you.
Back to top