Everything we do is recorded, collected, mined, profiled, stored, targeted and sold. The balance of power has shifted to the cabal of tech giants and data miners who overtly or covertly control what you see, whom you connect with, what you read, click, and care about. Something has to be done! At Anonyome Labs, we are building the tools that shift control of your personal and private information from the big data miners back to you, the user. If you want to be a part of something innovative, challenging, meaningful and, most of all, something that matters...then it's time to talk.
We are looking for experienced developers to join our Android development team, responsible for architecting and developing our next generation of Sudo mobile apps for the global consumer market. You will be joining a high-powered experienced team who follow agile development principles, and who value well-designed software, creative thinking and thrive on solving the un-solvable. You will be working on technology spanning mobile communications (voice, messaging, email), and fintech/payments all underpinned by strong security and privacy principles.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at a well-established global start-up, working with global leaders in the security and privacy space located in our local Gold Coast development lab and US headquarters.
You might be a fit for Anonyome if...
- You are passionate about defending digital safety, security, and privacy.
- You want to be part of a game-changing team, designing, and deploying radical new tools and systems.
- You want to work with a team that has a deep personal investment in the success of its innovations. Anonyome is privately funded and lead by some of the industry's most visionary leaders. No dilution here!
- You want to work with a dream team of innovators with over 100 patents in cryptography, encryption, identity management, network security and behavioral analytics under their belts.
- You like hitting the slopes of Salt Lake City, surfing the waves of the Gold Coast, or hiking the red rocks of St George.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 2 years of professional development for customer-facing Android apps
- Published apps in the Google Play Store
- Ability to architect complex Android applications from the ground up
- Extensive knowledge of Android design principles and third-party libraries
- Experience implementing and maintaining unit tests
- Ability to develop maintainable, well-designed software under tight deadline
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for solving hard problems
- Interest in privacy and the protection of personal information
- Must be eligible to work permanently in Australia
- Experience in iOS development
- Experience developing with security APIs and technologies
- Experience with RxJava, Dagger, and Kotlin
- At least 4 years of Java programming experience in a professional environment
- Experience working at a startup
Finally, we expect you to score extremely high on our "Stuff That Matters":
BELIEVE: In the company's mission, in the team, and in your equity
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM: We win together and lose individually
OK WITH AMBIGUITY: Comfortable making decisions with very little information
CURIOSITY: Seek out answers inside and outside the building
HUMILITY: Assume you don't have all the answers and seek to understand
BIAS TO ACTION: When in doubt, DO SOMETHING NOW
OWNERSHIP: When in doubt, TAKE IT ON.
We offer company stock options, private health plans, cool office space, catered lunches, fun exciting work environment overlooking the beach of the Gold Coast, and the opportunity to learn from leading privacy and security experts with a combined patent filing count of 60+ in the privacy/security area.
If you're interested in changing the world, we'd love to talk to you.
Meet Some of Anonyome's Employees
Technology Operations Lead
Nick and his team collaborate across Anonyome and its partners to architect and deploy secure, scalable, and reliable technology solutions underpinning Anonyome's product and internal IT.
Back to top