From presidential campaigns and huge races for the U.S. Senate and House to gubernatorial campaigns and national nonprofit organizations, we at Anne Lewis Strategies work on the front lines to help our clients tell stories, achieve their missions, and have a positive impact on our country and the world. Along the way, we’ve raised more than $246 million – and had fun doing it!
Right now, we are looking for a talented, ambitious self-starter with excellent writing and editing skills to join one of the most prolific teams in the business. If that’s you, read on.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Digital Copywriter-Editor, you’ll have an opportunity to be the voice of some of the biggest names in Democratic politics while learning cutting-edge practices in strategic political messaging. This is a great opportunity for aspiring communications directors, press secretaries or speechwriters. You’ll get to do it in tandem with a top team of strategists, including our senior partners and former senior advisers on the Hill, as well as top-notch technologists.
We’re open to the work structure that brings the best person(s) to our team, whether that’s full-time, short term, remote or a hungry intern with heaps of potential.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Working with client teams to develop and provide voice for leading Democratic office-holders, challengers and world-changing nonprofits;
- Writing email, website and social media copy;
- Proofing fundraising and advocacy emails daily for syntax, proper punctuation, grammatical errors, spelling errors and typos;
- Fact check, fact check, fact check;
- Ensuring emails are in line with both internal style and account-specific style, all while retaining a compelling, authentic voice; and
- Working with client teams, including technology and creative, to assist in managing resources and timelines on projects.
Qualified candidates should have:
- Experience writing speeches, editorials or emails in someone else’s voice;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment;
- Background in political campaigns or on the Hill (preferred);
- Ability to find just the right GIF for an all-staff email; and
- Passion for making our world a better place.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples.
Back to top