Graphic Design Assistant
We are looking for a talented, ambitious self-starter to join our graphic design department. If you want to join the best team in the industry and help communicate with millions of people through cutting-edge digital design, we want you to apply.
Role and Responsibilities
As Graphic Design Assistant at Anne Lewis Strategies, you will be responsible for producing design projects across a wide variety of platforms – websites, email, infographics, social media, you name it.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and communicate effectively online and off to turn out great designs every time.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with our digital strategy teams to understand the clients’ needs;
- Create design solutions that have a high visual impact and meet the objectives of the project;
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion;
- Design for a wide variety of digital projects including websites, infographics, email graphics, social media graphics, logos and more;
- Estimate time required for projects;
- Develop creative and consistent branding;
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts;
- Demonstrate illustrative skills with rough sketches;
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field preferred but not required;
- At least one year of relevant professional experience, including internships and volunteer positions;
- Background in politics, fundraising, or advocacy preferred but not required;
- A working knowledge of digital design, brand development, interactive design and the creative process;
- Experience with software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Flash;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Passion, integrity and energy.
This position is located in Washington, DC.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and five or more graphic design samples. Please indicate your level of responsibility for each design sample.
Back to top