Director Of Graphic Design
We are looking for a talented, ambitious self-starter to join our team and lead our graphic design department. If you want to join the best team in the industry and help communicate with millions of people through cutting-edge digital design, we want you to apply.
Role and Responsibilities
As Director of Graphic Design for Anne Lewis Strategies, you will be responsible for producing your own design projects as well as leading and building our team of freelance and in-house designers. This position will report directly to one of our senior staff members and you will be expected to deliver high-quality results.
This position demands creativity, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and an extremely professional approach to time, costs, deadlines and management of staff. It’s a people-oriented job, involving development of high-level concepts for design projects. It also involves working with clients, pitching designs and understanding client needs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with our digital strategy teams to understand the clients’ needs;
- Create design solutions that have a high visual impact and meet the objectives of the project;
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion;
- Design for a wide variety of digital projects including websites, infographics, email graphics, social media graphics, logos and more;
- Estimate time required for projects;
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts;
- Use innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
- Demonstrate illustrative skills with rough sketches;
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Flash;
- Recruit, supervise and inspire a team of creative freelance designers;
- Provide quality control over concepts and projects;
- Work with internal teams to generate ideas for pitching and proposals.
- Undergraduate degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design or related field or equivalent visual design and management experience required;
- Three to five years experience;
- Background in politics, fundraising, or advocacy preferred but not required;
- A strong working knowledge of digital design, brand development, interactive design and the creative process;
- Experience with software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Flash;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to supervise and train freelance graphic designers, to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments;
- Passion, integrity and energy.
This position is located in Washington, DC.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and five or more graphic design samples. Please indicate your level of responsibility for each design sample.
Back to top