At Anne Lewis Strategies, we’re using digital marketing to power social change. We are a team of 25 who use our techy know-how and do-good attitude to harness email, social media, and web advertising – everything digital, short of creating cat GIFs – for impactful nonprofits and top Democratic campaigns. We are seeking a full-time Digital Associate to support our growing client base.
Our team invented the tactics that everyone’s using, and we’re always working on the next big thing. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, Sen. Richard Blumenthal, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, and Senate candidate Catherine Cortez Masto all count on us to keep them connected with supporters online. We help our nonprofits share their missions with the world: fighting toxins with Environmental Working Group and helping you get your Downton Abbey fix with WETA. And we’re not afraid to think outside the box: We’ve helped our clients run book clubs, hold contests, and create interactive social media campaigns. We even invented Polling Bear, the true winner of the 2014 election: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
We’re mobilizing activists, winning elections, and changing the world – and we want you to join us!
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Achieving clients’ fundraising and engagement goals;
- Providing top-quality customer service to clients, including regular reporting and invoicing;
- Researching and developing online fundraising and communications strategies, including the design and management of communications calendars;
- Working with clients to assess digital marketing, advocacy, and technology needs and identify future needs and opportunities;
- Working with client teams, including technology and creative, to assist in managing resources and project timelines; and
- Day-to-day management of client relationships and satisfaction.
Qualified candidates should have:
- Passion for good causes – be they candidates or other;
- At least 1-2 years experience, including past internships and part-time work. Experience with a political campaign, nonprofit, or interactive marketing company is particularly appreciated but not required;
- Excellent quantitative reasoning skills and ability to apply data to strategic decisions;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Ability to juggle and multitask on multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment;
- Willingness to take the initiative and use good judgment to resolve issues;
- Ability to collaborate on a team both internally and externally;
- Background in digital communications, fundraising, and/or marketing is strongly preferred;
- Client management experience is a plus.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples. Please note any quantitative classes you may have taken, such as math, statistics, economics or computer science.
Back to top