Director of Operations Global Events and Experience
- Belmont, CA
The Director of Operations for Global Events is responsible for the strategic planning, execution, and oversight of multiple AnitaB.org events. The position requires a highly creative event operations professional with diversified experience in conference management, tradeshows, events, sponsorships, and marketing communications. The candidate must be able to manage multi-million dollar budgets and provide exceptional tracking and monitoring working with corporate finance.
A creative approach to event program management will be critical to being successful. The candidate should be observant in seeing the big picture while still attending to important details. This person will also be responsible for supporting the strategic planning and execution of Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC), the flag ship event for AnitaB.org, Community events (Hopper’s), and other regional conferences and meetings.
This is a dynamic opportunity for a seasoned and highly creative operations professional with proven success in creating, driving, and executing industry-transforming events. This position is hands-on in the day-to-day management and execution of all aspects of events including planning, budgeting, sponsorships, team and vendor management, analysis, and reporting. The ideal candidate must be a passionate individual who loves being a part of a winning team and thrives on making a difference.
- Must be able to manage a comprehensive events program and budget.
- Must be able to drive all aspects of operations of a global events program, team, and budget. Areas of management include logistics, food and beverage, negotiating and tracking contracts, space allocations, accommodations, etc.
- Drive the entire event production strategy and execution for a wide variety of programs and audiences.
- Responsible for all aspects of forecasting, budgeting, and reporting on a $15M+ event while managing within 1.5%.
- Drive the entire event operations strategy and execution for a wide variety of programs and audiences.
- Design and execute a wide scope of global events and track, measure, and analyze their effectiveness to meet targets for sales segments, product lines, and corporate initiative goals.
- Drive cross-functional team efforts to leverage the infrastructure and processes required to successfully execute highly visible events.
- Manage multiple, complex timetables successfully in a collaborative fast-paced environment.
- Build a cohesive team by building and maintaining internal and external relationships (agencies, vendors) to create quality work which support direct efforts to successfully execute events.
- Maintain consistent communications across the organization to ensure consistent alignment and transparency of event goals and strategies.
- Manage a Team of 3-5 event personnel.
- 10-15 years of successfully defining and implementing global event operation strategies.
- Management experience in a B2B, high-tech, or nonprofit and fast-paced environment.
- Proven leadership in managing a team of both remote and local reports.
- Passion and experience for managing broad variety of events, including 10,000+ user or developer conferences.
- Obsessed with measuring program results and impact.
- Must thrive on teamwork and overcoming obstacles together.
- Strong project management and interpersonal communications skills.
- Versatility to leverage broad marketing experience from start-ups, SMBs, and Fortune 500 companies, ensuring efficient, results-oriented programs.
- Must have a sense of humor and be a team player.
- Creative thinker, open to idea exploration with strong problem solving/analytical abilities.
- Must be positive and self-motivated with a proven ability to effectively lead and work on virtual and cross-functional teams while establishing rapport with individuals and groups at all organizational levels.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Routine and occasional travel requires driving and sitting in a vehicle or plane for moderate periods of time.
- Walking or standing within office area is routinely required; bending, kneeling and stretching may be required for the operation of equipment.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally push or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and far vision, color vision.
AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision, we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we seek to expand communications about the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to these issues.
AnitaB.org is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
full time employment
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
20 Vacation Days
12+ Paid Holidays
6 Sick Days
Pre-tax Benefits for Caltrain and Bart
Back to top