Senior Manager - People Business Partner
- Van Nuys, CA
As part of our Commercial People Team, you're part of helping to discover, develop and continuously improve our organizational talent. With a special focus on the Sales and Marketing group on the West Coast region (based in Van Nuys, CA), you will manage our people processes - competency appraisal, target setting and cascading and organization and people review - as well as recommend and implement new people programs to address the needs of your client group.
We rely on you to understand our business challenges and the needs of Anheuser-Busch employees. You gain this understanding by having an excellent pulse on ideas, thought leadership and innovative approaches to People. Your local people plan is grounded in the data readily available to you as a People Business Partner at Anheuser-Busch. Using this internal and external knowledge, you will create strong talent solutions to support the growth and development of our employees in a way that is reflective of our culture.
We're looking for someone who....
- Aligns with our company culture and has an authentic approach to connecting with people
- Understands how to translate culture into local people solutions that resonate with employees and positively impact the business (some example include: deciphering local Engagement Survey results and creating action plans at multiple levels; helping leaders determine employees to prioritize for promotion or merit increases; suggesting structural changes based on business needs)
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, presentation, listening) and the ability to interface comfortably at all levels of the organization
- Develop local actions to promote and drive already established guidelines to talent management, People Package budgeting and rewards philosophies
- Is adept at coaching, mentoring, and performance management to coach for improvement or high potential development
- Is up to speed on trends and technology that can be leveraged to support effective and engaging development
- Can operate with a high degree of autonomy
- Is flexible and can adapt easily to changing priorities and multiple tasks
- Has a strong work ethic and well-honed prioritization and organizational skills
- Is a strategic thinker and demonstrates the ability to propose and implement ideas and solutions while also understanding the importance and need to execute some tactical work (master data reviews and updates, regular budget reviews, opening tickets for hardware/software, routine communications around important date reminders, etc.)
- Demonstrates the ability to work well in "the grey" and can take a deep breath and have a laugh when the going gets tough
- Is energized by a high growth, high change environment...and both the good and challenging things that come along with that!
People Cycle Implementation
- Responsible for implementing the yearly People Cycle in the region. This includes Competency Appraisal, Target Setting and Cascading and Organization and People Review (OPR), our yearly talent management cycle
- Ensuring managers and employees are aware of cycle timelines and requirements
- Preparing managers to execute OPR, represent their team(s) during this meeting, and action the agreed upon outcomes from this meeting throughout the year
- Establishing a customized approach for developing targeted populations, such as high potentials or poor performers
- In keeping with business realities, proactively identify areas where updates to talent and organizational structure would benefit the business
- Creating and executing engagement plan for various audiences (leadership, region-wide)
- Working with People Package (aka local headcount budget) as well as position management (holding roles open if/when needed; adding or delimiting positions) to meet or beat yearly budget target
- Targeting and working to retain the right people. Follow already established stay-interview process, recommend and implement regional solutions to retention
- Establishing a routine to encourage managerial coaching
- Coaching managers through performance improvement plans, cultural awareness initiatives, and changes to our process and policies as they arise
- Helping publicize our competency model and ensure employees maintain awareness of Dream/People/Culture and ABI's 10 Principals
- Executing actions discussed at OPR meeting. Do this by understanding employee rating definitions and looking at areas where cross-pollination/cross-functional moves would make sense to both the business and to the end of developing employees (for example, sales to marketing; retail to wholesale; cross-functional)
- Partnering with broader People team on areas such as cultural awareness (in terms of compensation philosophies, zero-base budgeting understanding and actioning, employee value proposition, etc.) change management, team building, etc.
- Given the growth and pace of our business, helping identify change management issues and propose and/or implement other value-add initiatives per business requirements. Examples could include client-group wide training or local training for specific managers or teams.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree in related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years directly related experience
- CPG experience a plus
- Basic understanding of CA employment law
- Experience in creating and implementing strategic and impactful Human Resources initiatives
- Experience with one or more of the following: HR Generalist, Learning & Development, Talent Management, Recruitment OE/OD and Coaching
- Understands key HR theories, practices and emerging ideas, but is practical rather than academic in approach
- Has experience with corporate populations
- Strong computer skills: PC with experience in Microsoft Suite (especially Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
For more than 165 years, Anheuser-Busch and its world-class brewmasters have carried on a legacy of brewing America's most-popular beers. Starting with the finest ingredients sourced from Anheuser-Busch's family of growers, every batch is crafted using the same exacting standards and time-honored traditions passed down through generations of proud Anheuser-Busch brewmasters and employees. Best known for its fine American-style lagers, Budweiser and Bud Light, the company's beers lead numerous beer segments and combined hold 46.4 percent share of the U.S. beer market. Budweiser and Bud Light Lime Lime-A-Rita were named Brands of the Year for the Beer and the Spirits, Malt Beverages and Wine categories, respectively, by Ace Metrix; in 2014. Anheuser-Busch is the U.S. arm of Anheuser-Busch InBev and operates 15 local breweries, 17 distributorships and 23 agricultural and packaging facilities across the United States, representing a capital investment of more than $15.9 billion. Its flagship brewery remains in St. Louis, Mo., and is among the global company's largest and most technologically capable breweries. Visitor and special beermaster tours are available at its St. Louis and five other Anheuser-Busch breweries. For more information, visit www.anheuser-busch.com.
Back to top